Long Beach State at San Diego State Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/14/23
San Diego State Aztecs (1-1) vs Long Beach State Beach (1-1)
Game Info: Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 10:00 pm (Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl)
Betting Odds: San Diego State Aztecs -13 -- Over/Under: 146 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MWN Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Diego State Aztecs will host the Long Beach State Beach this Tuesday from the Viejas Arena on the Mountain West Network. SDSU won the lone meeting back in 2021, 72-47.
Long Beach State Preview
Long Beach State moved to 1-1 after defeating DePaul in Chicago, 77-73. The Beach held on to a massive first half lead to avenge the season-opener loss to Portland, and they’ll look bring the fight here in San Diego. Long Beach St. is scoring 75.0 points per game, on 40.8% shooting, while allowing 60.0 ppg.
LBSU Player Notes
• Portland native Marcus Tsohonis bounced back from a tough homecoming spot to lead the way with 22 points against DePaul, and he leads the Beach in scoring (19.5) early on.
• Hometown product Jadon Jones had a big game against Portland, scoring a game-high 23 points, and he’s second on the team with 14.0 ppg.
• Junior forward Aboubacar Traore has flirted with a double-double in both games, and he’s second on the team with averages of 14.0 ppg and 9.0 rpg.
• Third-year forward Lassina Traore completed the double-double in the win over DePaul, and he leads LBSU in rebounding (9.5), while scoring 10.0 ppg.
San Diego State Aztecs Preview
San Diego State enters at 1-1 after losing to BYU in Provo, 74-65. The Aztecs weren’t able to tackle their former conference foes, and they’ll look to bounce back swiftly here in in-state action. San Diego St. is scoring 74.0 points per game, on 45% shooting, while allowing 59.0 ppg.
SDSU Player Notes
• Houston native Jaedon Ledee has taken on a bigger role early, and going for a career-high 27 points in the opener against Fullerton, he leads SDSU in scoring (24.0) and rebounding (8.5).
• USC transfer Reese Waters has chipped 15 points in his first two games with San Diego State.
• Senior guard Micah Parrish added 17 points in the win over CSF, and he’s third on the team in scoring at 11.0, while grabbing 6.5 rpg.
• Veteran guard Lamont Butler hasn’t found his shot just yet, but the tournament hero remains a key piece to SDSU’s rotation.
Long Beach State vs San Diego State Trends
• LBSU is 1-1 against the spread, with a 0-2 O/U record
• SDSU is 1-1 ATS, with a 1-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
This had the potential to be one of those grind-it-out west coast affairs, as San Diego State enters with a loss, and may bring their tool belt for this one at home. In return, Long Beach State had the length to stick with them throughout this contest, and they also are capable of defending well in spurts. I like SDSU bouncing back with a victory here at home, in vintage Aztec fashion, so let’s back the Under for this in-state battle.