Eastern Michigan at Florida Atlantic Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/14/23
Florida Atlantic Owls (1-0) vs Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-1)
Game Info: Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Eleanor R. Baldwin Arena)
Betting Odds: Florida Atlantic Owls -25 -- Over/Under: 145.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Eastern Michigan Eagles will fly down to Boca Raton to face the Florida Atlantic Owls in non-conference play this Tuesday from the Baldwin Arena on ESPN+. FAU ran it up in last year's lone meeting, picking up a massive 101-73 victory.
Eastern Michigan Eagles Preview
Eastern Michigan comes in at 1-1 after defeating Georgia Southern at home, 70-60. The Eagles bounced back from a big loss to Butler, and they’ll seek different results here on their trip to South Florida. EMU is scoring 62.5 points per game, on 39.6% shooting, while allowing 73.0 ppg.
EMU Player Notes
• Freshman guard Arne Osojnik led the way with 19 points in the win over GASO, and he leads EMU in scoring (15.5) early on.
• Detroit native Tyson Acuff has picked up where he left off, and he’s averaging 14.0 through two games.
Florida Atlantic Owls Preview
Florida Atlantic enters at 1-0 after defeating Loyola Chicago on the road, 75-62. The Owls enjoyed a successful stay in the Windy City, and after leaving with a win, they’ll look to double down here at home. FAU is scoring 81.0 points per game, on 57.5% shooting, while allowing 59.0 ppg.
FAU Player Notes
• Junior center Vladislav Goldin had a big season debut, as he posted a 19-point, 10-rebound double-double in the win over Loyola Chicago.
• Returning stud Johnell Davis couldn’t find his shot in the opener, but he did chip in 12 points versus Loyola.
• Backcourt mate Nick Boyd hit three treys in game one, and finished with 13 points.
Eastern Michigan vs Florida Atlantic Trends
• EMU is 1-1 against the spread, with a 1-1 O/U record
• FAU is 1-0 ATS, with a 0-1 over/under record
Corey’s Free Pick
Florida Atlantic has been dealt a large number in their home opener, and while they should wipe Eastern Michigan, my eyes are on the under. FAU should make life tough for a guard-dependent EMU squad, and instead of them covering the massive margin, I like leaning on a strong defensive effort from the hosts here. Back the Under for this EMU/FAU matchup.