Villanova at Pennsylvania Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/13/23
Pennsylvania Quakers (2-1) vs Villanova Wildcats (2-0)
Game Info: Monday, November 13, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Palestra)
Betting Odds: Pennsylvania Quakers +11.5 -- Over/Under: 141.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Villanova Wildcats will make the 20-minute trip to The Palestra to meet the Pennsylvania Quakers in a Big 5 matchup this Monday on NBC. This will mark the 70th time Villanova and Penn face off, and the Wildcats hold an overwhelming, 51-18, series lead after winning 18 of the last 19 meetings.
Villanova Wildcats Preview
Villanova comes in at 2-0 after defeating Le Mayne at home, 83-57. The Wildcats followed up their season-opening victory over American strong, and they’ll look to tack on a regional win here Monday. Villanova is scoring 86.5 points per game, on 50.8% shooting, while allowing 60.0 ppg.
Villanova Player Notes
• Senior guard Justin Moore led the way with 21 points in the win over Le Maybe, and he’s first on the team in scoring at 15.5 ppg.
• Wazzu transfer TJ Bamba is posting a solid line of 14.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, and a team-lead 3.5 apg thru his first two games with Nova.
• Former Richmond forward Tyler Burton double-doubled in Friday’s win, and he leads the Wildcats in rebounding (10.0), while scoring 12.5 ppg.
• Veteran forward Ed Dixon scored 15 points and grabbed six boards in the season-opening win over American.
Pennsylvania Quakers Preview
Pennsylvania enters at 2-1 after dropping a Big 5 Classic matchup to St. Joseph’s on the road, 69-61. The Quakers aren’t able to overcome a slow first half, and they’ll attempt to bounce back here against the Wildcats. Penn is scoring 81.0 points per game, on 57.5% shooting, while allowing 59.0 ppg.
Penn Player Notes
• Senior guard Clark Slajchert had a big game against St. Joe’s, going for a game-high 27 points on 11/17 shooting, and he leads Penn in scoring at 17.3 ppg.
• Freshman guard Tyler Perkins posted a massive double-double (20 PTS, 14 REB) in the in-state victory over Bucknell, and he’s first on the team in rebounding (8.3) and assists (3.7), while scoring 15.7 ppg.
• Sophomore guard Cam Thrower couldn’t find his shot against St. Joe’s, but he’s still third on the team in scoring at 8.0 ppg, while grabbing 5.7 rpg.
Villanova vs Pennsylvania Trends
• NOVA is 1-0 against the spread, with a 1-0 O/U record
• PENN is 1-1 ATS, with a 0-2 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Villanova looks set to make big strides here in Kyle Neptune’s second season at the helm, and after an eventful first year and pre-draft process, there’s a good chance the tide turns in that side of Philly. Penn lost a huge piece in Jordan Dingle to Rick Pitino and St. John’s, and his play was huge in these inner-city contests. I do believe Villanova will find a way to contain Clark Slajchert, and pick up a sizable victory here, so let’s back them to lay the points in this Big 5 matchup.