Southern Illinois-Edwardsville at Missouri Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/13/23
Missouri Tigers (1-1) vs Southern Illinois-Edwardsville Cougars (1-1)
Game Info: Monday, November 13, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Mizzou Arena)
Betting Odds: Missouri Tigers -17.5 -- Over/Under: 147.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SEC Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The SIU-Edwardsville Cougars will make the trip to Columbia to meet the Missouri Tigers in non-conference action this Monday from Mizzou Arena on the SEC Network.
SIU-E Cougars Preview
SIU-Edwardsville comes in at 1-1 after defeating North Park at home, 92-67. The Cougars bounced back from a season-opening loss to Dayton, and they’ll be in for another tough battle here in Columbia. Edwardsville is scoring 69.5 points per game, on 44% shooting, while allowing 65.0 ppg.
SIUE Player Notes
• Memphis native Shamar Wright missed the opener versus Dayton, but he opened the year with a 29-point showing against North Park.
• Junior guard Damarco Minor grabbed a career-high 14 boards in the loss to Dayton, and he leads Edwardsville in rebounding (10.5).
• Returning leading scorer Ray’Sean Taylor scored 14 points in the season-opening defeat, and he’s averaging 11.0 ppg.
Missouri Tigers Preview
Missouri enters at 1-1 after losing to Memphis at home, 70-55. Mizzou dropped the battle of Tigers after winning the matchup on the gridiron back in September, and they’ll look to bounce back swiftly Monday. Missouri is scoring 78.0 points per game, on 45% shooting, while allowing 74.5 ppg.
Mizzou Player Notes
• Senior guard Sean East scored a game-high 21 points in the win over Arkansas Pine-Bluff, and he leads Missouri in scoring at 17.5 ppg.
• Fellow veteran guard Nick Honor scored 18 points in the season-opening victory, and he’s second on the team at 13.0 ppg, with a team-lead 2.5 apg.
• Iowa State transfer Caleb Grill flirted with a double-double against Memphis, and he leads Mizzou in rebounding (8.5), while scoring 10.5 ppg.
• Veteran forward Noah Carter remains in the fold, and he’s averaging 12.5 ppg and 6.0 thru two contests.
SIU-Edwardsville vs Missouri Trends
• SIUE is 1-0 against the spread, with a 0-1 O/U record
• MIZZ is 0-2 ATS, with a 1-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Missouri was outclassed by Memphis last Friday, but they come into a very manageable bounce back spot here at home. The Tigers will make a trip to Minneapolis on Thursday, so we should see a sharper effort from them, as a pair of notable early non-conference losses wouldn’t be ideal. After struggling offensively against the Tigers, Missouri should be able to fix things out that end of the floor, so with some help from SIUE, let’s back the Over for this non-conference matchup.