LIU at Pepperdine Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/13/23
Pepperdine Waves (2-1) vs LIU Sharks (0-1)
Game Info: Monday, November 13, 2023 at 10:00 pm (Firestone Fieldhouse)
Betting Odds: Pepperdine Waves -15.5 -- Over/Under: 157.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds will head out to Malibu to face the Pepperdine Waves this Monday night from the Firestone Fieldhouse on ESPN+.
LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds Preview
LIU comes in at 0-1 after losing to Air Force in Brooklyn, 82-67. The Sharks weren’t able to overcome a slow start, and they’ll look to avoid an 0-2 start here in Malibu. LIU is scoring 67.0 points per game, on 37.7% shooting, while allowing 82.0 ppg.
LIU Player Notes
• Bronx native R.J. Greene led the team with 12 points in 3/6 shooting in the loss to Air Force.
• JMU transfer Terrell Strickland dished out a team-high five assists, and chipped in 11 points in his first game with Brooklyn.
• Junior forward Tana Kopa posted an 11-point, 10-rebound double-double in the loss to the Falcons.
Pepperdine Waves Preview
Pepperdine moved to 2-1 after defeating Lafayette at home, 76-53. The Waves held onto to a big halftime lead to bounce back from the in-state loss to UC Davis, and they’ll look to tack on another win Monday night. Pepperdine is scoring 76.7 points per game, on 48.5% shooting, while allowing 65.3 ppg.
Pepperdine Player Notes
• Junior guard Michael Ajayi followed up his double-double versus UC Davis with a 27-point performance in the win over Lafayette, and he leads Pepperdine in scoring (17.7) and rebounding (10.7) early on.
• Third-year guard Houston Mallette will look to bounce back here after struggling versus Lafayette, and he’s averaging 17.0 ppg thru three games.
• Ventura native Malik Moore has scored 15 points or more in each of the first three games.
LIU Brooklyn vs Pepperdine Trends
• LIU is 1-0 against the spread, with a 1-0 O/U record
• PEPP is 2-0 ATS, with a 1-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
There isn’t much activity on this line due to massive number for an annually struggling Pepperdine program, but this is one of those games they will have to win at home, because when the schedule picks up victories may be hard to come by. LIU is another program that loses on a year-to-year basis, so it may just be best to back a big win from the hosts here, as the visitors will be traveling across the country to the beautiful coast of Malibu. Back Pepperdine if you’re approaching this non-conference matchup.