Florida Gulf Coast at Pittsburgh Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/13/23
Pittsburgh Panthers (2-0) vs Florida Gulf Coast Eagles (0-1)
Game Info: Monday, November 13, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Petersen Events Center)
Betting Odds: Pittsburgh Panthers -9.5 -- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACCN Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Pittsburgh Panthers will host the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles this Monday evening in non-conference play from the Petersen Events Center on the ACC Network.
Florida Gulf Coast Eagles Preview
Florida Gulf Coast comes in at 1-1 after defeating Ave Maria in their home opener, 80-71. The Eagles followed up their strong showing in Bloomington with a victory, and they’ll look to complete the mission this time around in Pittsburgh. FGCU is scoring 71.5 points per game, on 42.4% shooting, while allowing 69.5 ppg.
FGCU Player Notes
• Junior forward Zach Anderson led the team with 19 points in the contested game with Indiana, and he’s first on the team in scoring (14.5) and rebounding (6.0).
• Penn State transfer Dallion Johnson scored 17 points and hit five threes against IU.
• Former Princeton forward Keeshawn Kellman nearly double-doubled in Saturday’s win, and he’s averaging 10.0 ppg and 5.0 rpg early on.
• Senior guard Isaiah Thompson returned over the weekend, and he’ll look to improve on a light 5-point outing.
Pittsburgh Panthers Preview
Pittsburgh enters at 2-0 after defeating Binghamton at home, 89-60. The Panthers pulled away in the second half to cover the 17-point margin comfortably, and they’ll need to avoid letting their guard down on FGCU here. Pitt is scoring 94.5 points per game, on 51.5% shooting, while allowing 68.0 ppg.
Pitt Player Notes
• Senior forward Blake Hinson asserted himself against Binghamton with 26 points on 8/14 shooting, and he leads Pitt in scoring (19.5), while grabbing 6.0 rpg.
• Freshman guard Carlton Carrington triple-doubled (18/12/10) in his first career college game against NC A&T, and he’s averaging 18.0 ppg, 7.5 rpg, and a team-leading 7.0 apg.
• URI transfer Ishmael Leggett double-doubled in the win over Binghamton, and he’s posting a line of 14.5 ppg and 8.0 rpg early on.
• Junior center Federiko Federiko leads the Panthers in rebounding (9.5), while scoring 8.0 ppg.
Florida Gulf Coast vs Pittsburgh rends
• FGCU is 1-0 against the spread, with a 0-1 O/U record
• PITT is 2-0 ATS, with a 2-0 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
There’s good basketball outside of the Big 5 in PA this evening, as the best team in the state may just reside in the Steel City. This Pittsburgh team resembles last year’s squad, with noticeable additions via recruitment and the transfer portal. FGCU played Indiana very well without their best player, and they will likely give Pitt a fight early on, but this feels like a spot to trust the hosts early momentum in. The Panthers have a real shot to win the ACC this season after coming close last year, and I like backing them to cover at home Monday.