San Jose State at Texas Tech Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/12/23
Texas Tech Red Raiders (1-0) vs San Jose State Spartans (2-0)
Game Info: Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 2:00 pm (United Supermarkets Arena)
Betting Odds: Texas Tech Red Raiders -14 -- Over/Under: 132.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Jose State Spartans will head down to Lubbock to take on the Texas Tech Red Raiders in non-conference play this weekend from United Supermarkets Arena.
San Jose State Spartans Preview
San Jose State comes in at 2-0 after defeating Bethesda at home, 118-72. The Spartans followed up their in-state victory over UC Irvine strong, and they’ll now look to tack on a quality win here in Lubbock this Sunday. SJSU is scoring 94.5 points per game, on 53.6% shooting, while allowing 68.0 ppg.
San Jose State Player Notes
• Junior forward Tibet Gorener leads SJSU in scoring (21.5) and rebounding (7.0), after flirting with a double-double against Bethesda.
• San Diego native Trey Anderson joins him up front, and after scoring a team-high 19 points in the win over Irvine, he’s second on the team with 16.0 ppg and 5.5 rpg.
• Veteran point guard Alvaro Cardenas has dished out 15 assists thru two games, while scoring 12.5 ppg.
Texas Tech Red Raiders Preview
Texas Tech enters at 1-0 after defeating Texas A&M-Commerce in their home opener, 73-46. The Red Raiders breezed through their first contest, and a season-opening battle with their former Big 12 rivals Texas A&M is something both schools should look into in the near future. After opening the season with a victory, Texas Tech will now look to avoid an early season blunder here at home versus the Spartans. TTU is scoring 73.0 points per game, on 41.5% shooting, while allowing 46.0 ppg.
Texas Tech Player Notes
• Vegas native Pop Isaac’s led the way with 19 points in the season-opening win over Commerce.
• Nevada transfer Darrion Williams grabbed seven boards, and finished with an efficient 15 points against the Lions.
• Former ASU forward Warren Washington flirted with a double-double by grabbing a game-high 12 rebounds, and scoring eight points.
• Former WVU guard Joe Toussaint will run the one for TTU this season, and he scored ten points on 4/8 shooting in his debut.
San Jose State vs Texas Tech Trends
• SJSU is 1-0 against the spread, with a 1-0 O/U record
• TTU is 1-0 ATS, with a 0-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Big wins for both programs on the gridiron yesterday, as they both moved one step closer to bowl eligibility by jumping back to .500, while shaking up their conference title pictures along the way. Now for this battle in Lubbock, this feels like a game Texas Tech will have to earn at home, as this will serve as their first real test. I do believe the Red Raiders will avoid defeat here, but instead of testing the margin, I like leaning on an energized effort from their defense at home. Let’s back the under for this non-conference battle on Sunday.