Texas A&M-Corpus Christi at Houston Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/11/23
Houston Cougars (1-0) vs Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (1-0)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 2:30 pm (Fertitta Center)
Betting Odds: Houston Cougars -31 -- Over/Under: 140 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Houston Cougars will host the Texas A&M Corpus Christi Islanders this weekend from the Fertitta Center on ESPN+. Houston leads the head-to-head series, 5-1, after winning the most recent meeting back in 2013.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders Preview
Corpus Christi comes in at 1-0 after defeating Southwestern Adventist in their home opener, 111-46. The Islanders beat up on the Knights, and they’ll look to avoid being bullied by the Cougars this weekend. AMCC is scoring 111.0 points per game, on 56.1% shooting, while allowing 46.0 ppg.
Corpus Christi Player Notes
• Junior guard Jordan Roberts shot 7/11 and scored 16 points to lead the Islanders in scoring in game one.
• Sophomore forward Owen Dease nearly double-doubled after finishing with 13 points and eight boards in the win over the Knights.
• St. Louis native Garry Clark also flirted with a DD, after grabbing a team-high 9 boards, while scoring 10 points.
Houston Cougars Preview
Houston enters at 1-0 after defeating Louisiana-Monroe at home, 84-31. The Cougars looked great on both ends in their season opener, and they’ll look to double down with another assertive victory here. Houston is scoring 84.0 points per game, on 42.6% shooting, while allowing 31.0 ppg.
Houston Player Notes
• Sophomore guard Emanuel Sharp opened the season with a personal-best 20 points on 5/9 shooting against ULM.
• Temple transfer Damian Dunn chipped in 18 points, and hit three treys in his Houston debut.
• Veteran point guard Jamal Shead dished out a team-high eight assists, and recorded four steals in the win over Monroe.
Corpus Christi vs Houston Trends
• AMCC is 0-0 against the spread, with a 0-0 O/U record
• HOU is 1-0 ATS, with a 0-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Houston lost a few pieces, but it looks as if they’ve retooled on the fly, because the first victory was vintage. Kelvin Sampson has another roster loaded for a deep postseason run, and there’s a good chance they make some noise in their first season in the Big 12. Corpus Christi could be in for a long night, and there are a pair of angles here. We could bet out the Cougars to defend well enough to force an under, or we can simply bet their margin, as this Lone Star matchup should come down to a matter of how much.