Louisiana-Monroe at Central Michigan Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/11/23
Central Michigan Chippewas (0-1) vs Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (0-1)
Game Info: Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 12:00 pm (McGuirk Arena)
Betting Odds: Central Michigan Chippewas -4 -- Over/Under: 138 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks will travel up to Mount Pleasant to face the Central Michigan Chippewas for a MAC-SNC Challenge matchup. This will mark the first time CMU and ULM cross paths.
Louisiana Monroe Warhawks Preview
Louisiana Monroe comes in at 0-1 after losing to Houston on the road in their season opener, 84-31. The Warhawks were no match for the Cougars, and they’ll seek different results here against the Chippewas. UL-Monroe is scoring 31.0 points per game, on 28.2% shooting, while allowing 84.0 ppg.
ULM Player Notes
• No Warhawk was able to reach double figures, as they were smothered by the rugged Houston defense.
• Veteran guard Savion Gallion led the team in scoring with just 8 points on 3/6 shooting versus the Cougars.
• Returning leading scorer Tyreke Locure (14.4 ppg) was held in check by the Cougs, only finishing with 7 points on 2/8 shooting.
Central Michigan Chippewas Preview
Central Michigan enters at 0-1 after losing to Oklahoma in Norman by thirty, 89-59. The Chippewas were also blown out in their season opener, and they’ll look to things around fast this weekend. CMU is scoring 59.0 points per game, on 35.9% shooting, while allowing 89.0 ppg.
CMU Player Notes
• Tulsa transfer Anthony Pritchard led the team with 11 points in his first game against Central Michigan.
• Freshman guard Jayden Vasko also reached double figures in his debut with 10 points.
• Returning leading scorer Markus Harding (9.3 ppg) was held to just 5 points after dealing with foul trouble.
Louisiana-Monroe vs Central Michigan Trends
• ULM is 0-1 against the spread, with a 0-1 O/U record
• CMU is 0-1 ATS, with a 1-0 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Despite having to flip the map to head all the way up to Michigan, I like the advantages Louisiana-Monroe holds, with the main one being guard play. Strong backcourt play can go a long way in the college game, and after being hounded by Houston for 40 minutes, you can bet they show some urgency on the offensive end here against CMU. Let’s spot Louisiana-Monroe the points for this MAC/SBC Challenge matchup.