Virginia Tech at South Carolina Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/10/23
South Carolina Gamecocks (1-0) vs Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0)
Game Info: Friday, November 10, 2023 at 9:30 pm (Spectrum Center)
Betting Odds: South Carolina Gamecocks +1 -- Over/Under: 141.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACCN Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The South Carolina Gamecocks and the Virginia Tech Hokies will meet in Charlotte for a Hall of Fame Series matchup this Friday from the Spectrum Center on the ACC Network.
Virginia Tech Hokies Preview
Virginia Tech enters at 1-0 after defeating Coppin State at home in their season opener, 100-55. The Hokies handled business versus CSU, and they’ll look to tack on a respectable win here in the Queen City. VT scored 77.0 points per game, on 57.4% shooting, while allowing 63.0 ppg.
Virginia Tech Player Notes
• Junior guard Sean Pedulla led the way with team-highs of 15 points and 10 assists in the win over Coppin State.
• Backcourt mate and longtime Tech guard Hunter Cattoor added 13 points, while going 3-5 from deep versus CSU.
• Senior center Lynn Kidd posted his first-career double-double in the win over the Eagles.
• UNC transfer Tyler Nickel chipped in 12 points and seven boards in his first game for VT.
South Carolina Gamecocks Preview
South Carolina comes in at 1-0 after defeating SC Upstate at home in their season opener, 82-53. The Gamecocks flexed their muscles on their in-state does, and they’ll look for similar success here north of the border. SC is scoring 113.0 points per game, on 51.2% shooting, while allowing 46.0 ppg.
South Carolina Player Notes
• Former Minnesota guard Ta’Lon Cooper led the way with 15 points in his SC debut, while grabbing seven boards versus Upstate.
• Returning leading scorer and junior guard Meechie Johnson matched his energy for 15 points and five boards in the win over Upstate.
• Transfers B.J. Mack (Wofford) and Myles Stute (Vandy) each reached double figures in their first contests with Carolina.
Virginia Tech vs South Carolina Trends
• VT is 1-0 against the spread, with a 1-0 O/U record
• SC is 1-0 ATS, with a 0-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
This Beamer-themed matchup may feel like a home spot for South Carolina, as Charlotte is essentially in SC, and I like their chances of keeping this one close, and potentially winning. The Hokies lost as lot of production from their frontcourt, and despite washing Coppin State in their opener, they might have a tough time against a rugged SC team. The Under may be in play, but let’s spot South Carolina the points for this Hall of Fame series matchup.