Oakland at Illinois Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/10/23
Illinois Fighting Illini (1-0) vs Oakland Golden Grizzlies (0-1)
Game Info: Friday, November 10, 2023 at 8:00 pm (State Farm Center)
Betting Odds: Illinois Fighting Illini -20.5 -- Over/Under: 148 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: B1G+ Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oakland Golden Grizzlies will head down to Champaign to meet the Illinois Fighting Illini this Friday in non-conference play this Friday from Alumni Hall on B1G+.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies Preview
Oakland comes in at 0-1 after losing to Ohio State in Columbus, 79-73. The Golden Grizzlies gave the Buckeyes a good fight, and they’ll look to bring the same energy here against Illinois. Oakland is scoring 73.0 points per game, on 39.3% shooting, while allowing 79.0 ppg.
Oakland Player Notes
• Redshirt senior guard Jack Gohlke led the team with 18 points, but he went 6/18 from deep, and he’ll look to shoot better here against Illinois.
• Returning leading scorer Trey Townsend grabbed a team-high nine boards, and scored 19 points versus OSU.
• Veteran guard Blake Lampman chipped in 14 points, on 4/7 shooting from three.
Illinois Fighting Illini Preview
Illinois enters at 1-0 after defeating Eastern Illinois in their season opener, 80-52. The Fighting Illini took care of their in-state foes handily, and they’ll look to avoid letting Oakland keep things close here. Illinois is scoring 80.0 points per game, on 50% shooting, while allowing 52.0 ppg.
Illinois Player Notes
• Junior stud guard Terrence Shannon Jr. led the team in scoring last season, and he opened the year with a 16-point outing against EIU.
• Freshman guard Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn scored a team-high 18 points on 7/10 shooting.
• Veteran SIU transfer Marcus Domask only went 2/8 from the field, but he grabbed four boards and fished out three assists.
Oakland vs Illinois Trends
• OAK is 1-0 against the spread, with a 1-0 O/U record
• ILL is 1-0 ATS, with a 0-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Oakland shot a lot of three in their near-win over Ohio State, and it’d be really tough to ignore the possibility of some of those shots falling here. Illinois is deep and talented in their own right, so while they should surely secure the victory, the Golden Grizzlies may be able to make use of such a large margin. Let’s roll the dice and spot Oakland the points for this non-conference bout.