Western Kentucky at Wichita State Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/9/23
Wichita State Shockers (1-0) vs Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-0)
Game Info: Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Charles Koch Arena)
Betting Odds: Wichita State Shockers -7 -- Over/Under: 144 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Wichita State Shockers will host the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers in non-conference action this Thursday from Charles Koch Arena on ESPN+.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Preview
Western Kentucky comes in at 1-0 after defeating Kentucky Wesleyan at home, 90-64. The Hilltoppers handled business in their season opener, and they’ll now have to rev things up for this road test in Wichita. WKU is scoring 90.0 points per game, on 56.1% shooting, while allowing 64.0 ppg.
Western Kentucky Player Notes
• Purdue transfer Brandon Newman led the team with 14 in his first contest for WKU. came through with a career-high 22 points in the loss to BC.
• Former Charleston forward Babacar Faye asserted himself with a double-double (12 PTS, 10 REB) in Monday’s victory.
• Senior guard Khristian Lander runs the show, and he added 10 points and three assists in the season opener.
Wichita State Shockers Preview
Wichita State enters at 1-0 after defeating Lipscomb at home on Monday, 76-59. The Shockers came out energized to cruise to a season-opening victory over the Bison, and they’ll look to remain unblemished on Thursday. Wichita scores 76.0 points per game, on 47.1% shooting, while allowing 59.0 ppg.
Wichita State Player Notes
• Junior guard Colby Rogers led the way with 20 points in the season-opener to go along with six boards.
• Back court mate Xavier Bell scored 12 points, and led the Shockers with six dimes.
• Third-year forward Kenny Pohto nearly double-doubled after leading way with 11 rebounds, with nine points.
Western Kentucky vs Wichita State Trends
• WKU is 1-0 against the spread, with a 1-0 over/under record
• WSU is 1-0 against the spread, with a 0-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Wichita State looked good in their opener, and I believe they’ll double down here at home. Western Kentucky may have scheduled too light of an opener, as the Shockers will surely give them much more of a test than Kentucky Wesleyan did. This could be a bounce back season for the program, so let’s trust their momentum here in game two as host. Back Wichita State for this non-conference matchup.