Oregon State vs Notre Dame Prediction - College Football Picks 12/29/23
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (9-3) vs Oregon State Beavers (8-4)
Game Info: Friday, December 29, 2023 at 2:00 pm (Sun Bowl)
Betting Odds: Notre Dame Fighting Irish -6.5 -- Over/Under: 41.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oregon State Beavers and Notre Dame Fighting Irish face off on Friday in a college football showdown at the Sun Bowl. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Oregon State vs Notre Dame prediction.
Oregon State Hands Keys to Ben Gubranson
Oregon State has had a successful season picking up eight wins, but now they are going to have a new starting quarterback. Ben Gubranson has been prepping to make his first start in over a year, and even though he hasn’t played much this season, there is still a lot of confidence. Oregon State on the season is averaging 33.8 points while their defense is giving up 21.5 points per game. In this game, it’s going to be important that the defense steps up and takes some of the pressure off of Gubranson. Oregon State finished with an 8-4 record in the Pac-12 standings.
Oregon State Betting Trends
- Oregon State has lost 19 of its last 20 games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- Oregon State has covered the spread in six of its last seven games against non-conference opponents.
- Oregon State has won the first half in nine of its last 10 games against non-conference opponents.
- Oregon State has won the first quarter in eight of its last 10 games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Oregon State's last three Bowl games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Can Notre Dame Finish Out Season Strong?
Notre Dame sits with a 9-3 record overall and they are going to look to finish the season strong with a victory in this game. In the last game against Wake Forest. Notre Dame’s offense scored 45 points, but the defense gave up only seven points and they are going to need the defense to be good here, and maybe create a couple of turnovers. On the season, Notre Dame is averaging 39.1 points while their defense is giving up 16.6 points per game. Steve Angeli is going to make his first career start under center, and he’s going to need to be good here.
Notre Dame Betting Trends
- Notre Dame has won 23 of its last 24 matches as a favorite when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Notre Dame has covered the spread in nine of its last 10 matches when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Each of Notre Dame's last five games have gone OVER the total points line.
Oregon State vs Notre Dame Betting Prediction
Notre Dame and Oregon State are both starting backup quarterbacks here and both teams are going to really struggle to get the offense going here. Notre Dame’s defense is giving up only 16.6 points per game and they are going to really make life tough on the Oregon State offense here. The lack of scoring by both teams is going to be the difference as this game is going to stay under the total.