Clemson vs Kentucky Prediction - College Football Picks 12/29/23
Kentucky Wildcats (7-5) vs Clemson Tigers (8-4)
Game Info: Friday, December 29, 2023 at 12:00 pm (EverBank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Kentucky Wildcats +4.5 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Clemson Tigers will play the Kentucky Wildcats on Friday afternoon in the Gator Bowl at EverBank Stadium in Jacksonville, Florida. Clemson comes into this game on a four game winning streak, while Kentucky has lost two of their last three games. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the Clemson vs Kentucky prediction.
The Clemson Tigers are 8-4 (4-4) this year and they finished tied for 6th in the ACC standings. Clemson has losses to Duke, Florida State, Miami, and NC State, but did win their last four games of the season. The Tigers played much better offensively to end the season, as they scored 31+ points in three of their last four games. The Clemson offense is averaging 29.2 points per game with 225.4 passing yards per game and 180.3 rushing yards per game. Cade Klubnik has thrown for 2,580 yards, 19 touchdowns, and eight interceptions for the Tigers this season. Phil Mafah has rushed for 894 yards and nine scores, while Tyler Brown has caught 51 passes for 519 yards and four touchdowns. The Clemson defense is allowing 19.9 points against per game this year.
The Kentucky Wildcats are 7-5 (3-5) this season and they finished tied for 4th in the SEC East standings. Kentucky opened the season with five straight wins, but lost five of their next six games, before defeating Louisville in the finale. The Wildcats had SEC wins against Mississippi State, Florida, and Vanderbilt, but picked up losses to Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, Alabama, and South Carolina. The Kentucky offense is scoring 28.6 points per game with 203.8 passing yards per game and 130.7 rushing yards per game. Devin Leary has thrown for 2,440 yards, 23 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions for the Wildcats this season. Ray Davis has rushed for 1,066 yards and 13 scores, while Dane Key has caught 38 passes for 553 yards and five touchdowns. The Kentucky defense is giving up 24.8 points against per game this season.
Kentucky Wildcats Team Facts
- Kentucky has won each of its last seven games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Kentucky has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six games as an underdog.
- Kentucky has won the first half in three of its last four games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Each of Kentucky's last three games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Clemson Tigers Team Facts
- Clemson has won each of its last four games.
- Clemson has covered the spread in nine of its last 10 December games as a favorite.
- Clemson has won the first half in 11 of its last 13 games against non-conference opponents.
- Clemson has won the first quarter in 10 of its last 13 games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Clemson's last six December games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Clemson vs Kentucky Betting Prediction
Clemson comes into this game on a four game winning streak and they are playing very good football right now. Kentucky had most of their success early in the season, but they struggled over the last couple of months. The Wildcats had some struggles offensively and will play a Clemson defense that is pretty solid. I was impressed with how Clemson responded to starting the season with a 4-4 record and I think they finish it off with a nice win here. Take the Tigers to pull away in the second half.