Arizona vs Oklahoma Prediction - College Football Picks 12/28/23
Oklahoma Sooners (10-2) vs Arizona Wildcats (9-3)
Game Info: Thursday, December 28, 2023 at 9:15 pm (Alamodome)
Betting Odds: Oklahoma Sooners +3 -- Over/Under: 61 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona Wildcats and Oklahoma Sooners face off on Thursday in a college football showdown in the Alamodome Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Arizona vs Oklahoma prediction.
It’s Jackson Arnold’s Show at Oklahoma Now
When this line first opened it was Oklahoma that was the favorite, but then Dillon Gabriel announced that he was transferring and they have now moved to an underdog. With Gabriel gone, that means the keys to this game are now going to be transferred to Arnold. Coming out of High School, Arnold was a five star recruit and there is a ton of hope about how he can lead this team in this game and going forward. Oklahoma on the season is averaging 43.2 points and they are going to need the defense to be good here. Oklahoma ended the regular season with a 10-2 record in the ACC standings.
Oklahoma Betting Trends
- Oklahoma has won 12 of its last 13 games against non-conference opponents.
- Oklahoma has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games against non-conference opponents.
- Oklahoma has won the first half in 16 of its last 17 games against non-conference opponents.
- Oklahoma has won the first quarter in each of its last five games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Oklahoma's last five games against AP-ranked teams at neutral venues have gone OVER the total points line.
What a Season for Arizona
Even if Arizona was to lose this game, this would still be a very successful season for the Wildcats. In the last game agaoinst Oklahoma. Arizona scored 59 points and they ended up winning in blowout fashion. Noah Fifita had quite the game completing 30 of his 41 passes for 527 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. Tetairoa McMillan caught 11 passes for 266 yards and a touchdown. Arizona is averaging 34.3 points while their defense is giving up 20.8 points per game. In this game the defense needs to try and get some pressure on Arnold early, and really try to make life tough on the young quarterback.
Arizona Betting Trends
- Arizona has won each of its last eight games as a favorite.
- Arizona has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games in December.
- Arizona has lost the first half in each of its last three games against non-conference opponents at neutral venues.
- Four of Arizona's last five games against non-conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Arizona vs Oklahoma Betting Prediction
Jackson Arnold might be a very good quarterback long term for Oklahoma, but I don’t think he’s going to get out to a fast start in this bowl game. Arizona on the season averaging 34.3 points and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. The Wildcats are going to have no issue running up the score and that is going to be the difference here as the Wildcats are going to get the job done. Back Arizona against the spread here.