Bowling Green vs Minnesota Prediction - College Football Picks 12/26/23
Minnesota Golden Gophers (5-7) vs Bowling Green Falcons (7-5)
Game Info: Tuesday, December 26, 2023 at 2:00 pm (Ford Field)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Golden Gophers -3.5 -- Over/Under: 39.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Bowling Green Falcons and Minnesota Golden Gophers face off on Tuesday in a college football showdown in the Quick Lane Bowl. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Bowling Green vs Nevada prediction.
Does Minnesota Actually Deserve This Game?
Minnesota comes into this game with a 5-7 record overall but they still were able to qualify for a bowl game. Minnesota’s last game came against Wisconsin and they lost by 14 points. After that game, Athan Kaliakanis did transfer out which means he won’t be starting at quarterback here. Starting for the Gophers here will be Cole Kramer and in four years with the Gophers he has completed 8 of his 14 passes. He also has rushed 44 times for 195 yards and two touchdowns. On the season the Gophers are averaging 20.2 points while their defense is giving up 26.9 points per game. They ended the regular season at the bottom of the Big Ten West standings.
Minnesota Betting Prediction
- Minnesota has won each of its last six games against non-conference opponents at neutral venues.
- Minnesota has covered the spread in six of its last seven December games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Minnesota has won the first half in each of its last four games against non-conference opponents at neutral venues.
- Seven of Minnesota's last eight games in December have gone UNDER the total points line.
Can Bowling Green Pull the Upset?
Bowling Green comes into this game with a 7-5 record overall and they are looking to end their season on a high note. The last game for Bowling Green came against the Western Michigan Broncos, and they were able to secure a 34-10 victory. Connor Bazelak had a strong game completing 18 of his 26 passes for 217 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Bowling Green on the season is averaging 26.3 points while their defense is giving up 23.5 points per game. In this game the Bowling Green defense is going to need to step up in a big way.
Bowling Green Betting Prediction
- The underdog has won each of Bowling Green's last four Bowl games.
- Bowling Green has covered the spread in five of its last six games.
- Four of Bowling Green's last five games against opponents from the Big Ten Conference have gone UNDER the total points line.
Bowling Green vs Minnesota Betting Prediction
I don’t trust trust Cole Kramer. He has been around the Minneosta program for a long time, but he doesn’t have a lot of game action, and I think he’s going to struggle to move the ball here. The Gophers defense is going to be strong though, and Bowling Green is also going to really struggle to move the ball. Look for both teams to really struggle here, and this game is going to stay under the total. Back the under and look for the best available odds.