Coastal Carolina at San Jose State Prediction - College Football Picks 12/23/23
San Jose State Spartans (7-5) vs Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (7-5)
Game Info: Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 10:30 pm (Clarence T.C. Ching Complex)
Betting Odds: San Jose State Spartans -9.5 -- Over/Under: 53 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers and the San Jose State Spartans will travel to Honolulu to meet in this year’s Hawaii Bowl on ESPN. SJSU enters as 9.5-point favorites, with the total currently hovering 53.5. Stay tuned for our Coastal Carolina vs San Jose State prediction.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Preview
Coastal Carolina comes in at 7-5 after losing to James Madison in Conway, 56-14. The Chanticleers were on the wrong end of the Dukes avenging their first defeat, and they’ll attempt to show more fight this weekend. The Coastal offense is scoring 33.3 ppg, while passing for 266.8 ypg, rushing for 156.1 ypg, and converting 43.3% of their third downs.
CCU Team Notes
- Ethan Vasko has been behind center since longtime QB Grayson McCall went down with an injury, and after a solid effort against JMU, and he finished with 580 passing yards, with four touchdowns to one interception thru five games.
- Junior back Braydon Bennett finished as the team’s leading rusher despite struggling down the stretch with 381 yards on 86 touches.
- Senior wideout Sam Pinckney scored in three of the final four games, and he leads the team in receptions (64) and receiving yards (904).
- The CCU defense allows 24.6 points per game.
San Jose State Spartans Preview
San Jose State closed at 7-5 after defeating UNLV in Las Vegas, 37-31. The Spartans held the Rebels off to avoid finishing at .500, and they’ll look to win a seventh straight game here in Honolulu. The San Jose offense is scoring 33.3 ppg, while passing for 219.8 ypg, rushing for 186.2ypg, and converting 44.8% of their third downs.
SJSU Team Notes
- Chevan Cordeiro turned things up down the stretch, and after tossing for 249 yards and two scores, he finished with 2,558 passing yards, with 19 touchdowns to four interceptions thru 12 starts..
- Senior back Kairee Robinson has found the endzone in all twelve games this season, and he’s amongst conference leaders with 1,124 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns.
- Junior wideout Nick Nash scored in four of the final six games, and he leads the SJSU with splits of 47/704/8.
- The SJSU defense has allowed 25.7 points per game.
Coastal Carolina vs San Jose State Trends
- CCU is 8-4 against the spread, with a 4-8 O/U record.
- SJSU is 8-3-1 ATS, with a 8-4 over/under record.
Coastal Carolina vs San Jose State Prediction
Coastal Carolina will face a tough task making the cross country trip to Honolulu, while it will mark San Jose State’s second trip to Hawaii, and it will also serve as a proper homecoming spot for Chevan Cordeiro. The senior quarterback may be taking his final snaps at the college level, and the former Hawaii Warrior QB has been dialed in down the stretch, leading a dramatic midseason turnaround to become bowl eligible. Coastal Carolina has fallen apart without Grayson McCall behind center, and SJSU simply has too much momentum to look away from here. Let’s back San Jose State for this year’s Hawaii Bowl mar