Arkansas State vs NIU Prediction - College Football Picks 12/23/23
NIU Huskies (6-6) vs Arkansas State Red Wolves (6-6)
Game Info: Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Cramton Bowl)
Betting Odds: NIU Huskies +2.5 -- Over/Under: 54.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arkansas State Red Wolves and Northern Illinois Huskies face off on Saturday in a college football showdown in the Camellia Bowl. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Arkansas State vs Northern Illinois prediction
How Can Arkansas State Bounce Back?
Arkansas State comes into this game with a 6-6 record overall but they are coming off a loss in the last game. Arkansas State aced off against Marshall and the defense gave up 35 points and they ended up losing by 14 points. Jaylen Raynor had a strong game completing 19 of his 38 passes for 263 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. He’s only a true freshman but he looks like he could have a very good career with Arkansas State. Arkansas State on the season is averaging 27.8 points while their defense is giving up 31.2 points per game. The defense is going to need to step up in a big way here.
Arkansas State Betting Prediction
- The underdog has won three of Arkansas State's last four Bowl games.
- Arkansas State has covered the spread in four of its last five games.
- Arkansas State has won the first half in three of its last four games against non-conference opponents at neutral venues.
- Four of Arkansas State's last five games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Northern Illinois Looks for Third Straight Win
Northern Illinois is looking to finish their season strong and they have won two straight games. Two games ago they were able to beat Western Michigan 24-0 and in the last game against Kent State, they were able to secure the 37-27 victory. Gavin Williams in the last game had a strong game rushing 17 times for 103 yards. Northern Illinois on the season is averaging 25.3 points while their defense is giving up 21.2 points per game. The offense at times for Northern Illinois has been an issue and they are going to need the offense to be good again here.
Northern Illinois Betting Prediction
- Northern Illinois has lost each of its last seven Bowl games.
- Northern Illinois has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven games against non-conference opponents at neutral venues.
- Northern Illinois has lost the first half in each of its last three games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Northern Illinois' last five Bowl games have gone OVER the total points line.
Arkansas State vs Northern Illinois Betting Prediction
The team with the better quarterback is Arkansas State and they are going to find success here. Jalen Raynor has found success this season through the air for Arkansas State and he’s going to have a big game here. Northern Illinois’s defense has been good, but I don’t trust their offense to find a whole lot of success here and that is going to be the difference as Arkansas State is going to get the job done. Back Arkansas State against the spread.