Georgia Tech vs UCF Prediction - College Football Picks 12/22/23
UCF Knights (6-6) vs Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (6-6)
Game Info: Friday, December 22, 2023 at 6:30 pm (Raymond James Stadium)
Betting Odds: UCF Knights -5.5 -- Over/Under: 68 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and UCF Knights face off on Friday in a college football showdown in the Gasparilla Bowl. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Georgia Tech vs UFC prediction.
Georgia Tech Seems to Be Turning the Corner
It was a rough couple of years for this Georgia Tech squad, but they sure seem to be turning the corner now and a win here would give them seven wins. The last game for Georiga Tech was a loss against Georgia, but they still were impressive. They ended up only losing by eight points. They did have a little issue stopping the run in that game, but the defense was sure strong against the pass. Two games ago against Syracuse, the Yellow Jackets were able to secure the 31-22 victory. The Yellow Jackets on the season are averaging 31.2 points while their defense is giving up 30.5 points per game.
Georgia Tech Betting Trends
- Georgia Tech has won four of its last six games as an underdog.
- The underdog has covered the spread in 13 of Georgia Tech's last 16 games.
- Georgia Tech has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against non-conference opponents at neutral venues.
- Georgia Tech has lost the first half in each of its last three games against non-conference opponents.
- Ten of Georgia Tech's last 11 games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
UCF Finished the Regular Season with a Win
UCF faced off against Houston in the last game, and the defense gave up only 13 points and they ended up winning by 14 points. John Rhys Plumlee completed 23 of his 37 passes for 253 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. RJ Harvey had a strong game finishing with 21 carries for 136 yards and two touchdowns. UCF on the season is averaging 32.5 points while their defense is giving up 25.4 points per game. On the season, John Rhys Plumlee has thrown for 2,073 yards, 13 touchdowns, and eight interceptions.
UCF Betting Trends
- UCF has won each of its last five games against non-AP-ranked teams at Raymond James Stadium.
- UCF has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- UCF has lost the first half in each of its last three games against non-conference opponents at neutral venues.
- Five of UCF's last six games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Georgia Tech vs UCF Betting Prediction
I believe Georgia Tech is going to keep this game close. Georgia Tech on the season is averaging 31.2 points and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. UCF also had a good offense and they will find some offensive success, but they aren’t going to pull away in this game. Look for Georgia Tech to go over their season average and that will be enough for them to cover the spread. Back Georgia Tech against the spread.