Georgia Southern vs Ohio Prediction - College Football Picks 12/16/23
Ohio Bobcats (9-3) vs Georgia Southern Eagles (6-6)
Game Info: Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 11:00 am (Brooks Stadium)
Betting Odds: Ohio Bobcats -3 -- Over/Under: 48.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia Southern Eagles and Ohio Bobcats face off on Saturday in a college football showdown in the Myrtle Beach Bowl at Brooks Stadium. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Georgia Southern vs Ohio prediction.
Georgia Southern Has Lost Four Straight Games
At one point Georgia Southern had a 6-2 record overall but heading into this game they have lost four straight games. In the last game against Appalachian State, Georgia Southern scored 27 points but the defense gave up 55 points, and that led to the defeat. Davis Brin has completed 24 of his 34 passes 238 yards, zero touchdowns, and three interceptions. Georgia Southern is averaging 30.9 points while their defense is giving up 29.6 points per game. In this game the offense will need to be good, but even more important needs to be the defense. If the defense steps up, Georgia Southern will have a good chance.
Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Georgia Southern has lost each of its last four games.
- Georgia Southern has covered the spread in seven of its last eight matches when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Georgia Southern has won the first half in three of its last four games against non-conference opponents.
- Seven of Georgia Southern's last eight games in December have gone UNDER the total points line.
Ohio Looks for Fourth Straight Win
Ohio finished off the regular season strong and coming into this game they have won three straight games. In the last game against Akron, the defense really stepped up giving up only 14 points and they ended up winning by 11 points. Kurtis Rourke completed 19 of his 30 passes for 208 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. Sieh Banguara finished with 23 carries for 121 yards and one touchdown. Ohio on the season is averaging 22.9 points while their defense is giving up 15.4 points per game. The offense hasn’t been good enough, but the defense has stepped up.
Ohio Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Ohio's last seven Bowl games.
- Ohio has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five games played at neutral venues.
- Seven of Ohio's last eight games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Georgia Southern vs Ohio Betting Prediction
I don’t trust this Georgia Southern defense and they are going to really struggle again in this game. Georgia Southern is giving up 30.9 points per game and they are going to really struggle to slow down Ohio here. Ohio’s defense is givign up 15.4 points per game and they are going to really lock down in this game. Ohio might not run up the score, but they are going to score enough here to get the job done. Back Ohio against the spread.