Army vs Navy Prediction - College Football Picks 12/9/23
Navy Midshipmen (5-6) vs Army Black Knights (5-6)
Game Info: Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 3:00 pm (Gillette Stadium)
Betting Odds: Navy Midshipmen +3 -- Over/Under: 27.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Army Black Knights and Navy Midshipmen face off on Saturday in one of the biggest college football games of the year at Gillette Stadium. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Army vs Navy prediction.
Army Has Won Three Games in a Row
Army has a lot of confidence heading into this game and they have won three games in a row. In the last game against Coastal Carolina, Army scored 28 points, and they ended up winning by seven points. Against Coastal Carolina, Tyson Riley had a strong game, putting up 12 carries for 112 yards and a touchdown. Army on the season is averaging 20.8 points, while their defense is giving up 22 points per game. The defense is ranked 38th, but this game is going to come down to if the offense can find success. Army is averaging 209.4 yards per game on the ground which is 10th in college football.
Army Betting Trends
- The underdog has won three of Army's last four games.
- Army has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Army has won the first half in four of its last five games against opponents from the American Athletic Conference at neutral venues.
- Five of Army's last six games played at neutral venues have gone UNDER the total points line.
How Does Navy Bounce Back?
Navy had won two games in a row until they faced off against SMU in the last game. The offense managed 14 points, but the defense gave up 59 points and that led to the defeat. Quarterback Braxton Woodson finished with 18 carries for 104 yards and a touchdown. Navy on the season is averaging 18.3 points while their defense is giving up 22.9 points per game. The offense has been inconsistent and they need the offense to be good in this game. If the offense finds success in this game, Navy has a good shot, but they really can’t trust the defense.
Navy Betting Trends
- Navy has lost 12 of its last 14 games against non-conference opponents.
- Navy has covered the spread in four of its last five matches as an underdog when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Navy has lost the first half in 13 of its last 14 games against non-conference opponents.
- Six of Navy's last seven games in December have gone UNDER the total points line.
Army vs Navy Betting Prediction
Army has looked excellent heading into this game, and they are going to continue the success here. Navy in the last game scored only 14 points, and they are going to really struggle to get to that number here. Army’s defense is going to step up in a big way here, and that is going to be the difference here. Army will score at least 20 points and that is going to be enough for them to win this game and cover the spread. Back Army against the spread here.