Wyoming vs Nevada Prediction - College Football Picks 11/25/23
Nevada Wolf Pack (2-9) vs Wyoming Cowboys (7-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 9:00 pm (Clarence Mackay Stadium)
Betting Odds: Nevada Wolf Pack +10.5 -- Over/Under: 41.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBSSports Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Wyoming Cowboys will play the Nevada Wolf Pack in a Mountain West game on Saturday night at Mackay Stadium in Reno, Nevada. Wyoming has won two of their last three games, while Nevada has lost three games in a row. Make sure to read our Wyoming vs Nevada Prediction.
The Wyoming Cowboys are 7-4 (4-3) this season after they defeated Hawaii by a score of 42-9 last week. Wyoming led 35-0 at halftime and they cruised to the easy victory in the second half. The Cowboys out gained Hawaii by a total of 472-345, but they went 0-6 on third down in the game. Wyoming has conference losses against UNLV, Boise State, and Air Force. The Wyoming offense is scoring 23.9 points per game with 167.5 passing yards per game and 149.6 rushing yards per game, while going 34.1% on third downs. Andrew Peasley has thrown for 1,658 yards, 18 touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Cowboys this season. Harrison Waylee has rushed for 785 yards and four touchdowns, while Wyatt Wieland has caught 35 passes for 382 yards and five scores. The Wyoming defense is allowing 24.5 points against per game this year.
The Nevada Wolf Pack are 2-9 (2-5) this year after they lost to Colorado State by a score of 30-20 in their last game. Nevada trailed 20-13 at the half, but they could only score seven points in the second half for the loss. The Wolf Pack were out gained by a total of 414-327 and had two turnovers in the game. Nevada’s two wins this season came against San Diego State and New Mexico in back to back weeks. The Nevada offense is averaging 18.4 points per game with 174.5 passing yards per game and 134.5 rushing yards per game, while going 31.4% on third downs. Brendon Lewis has thrown for 1,305 yards, two touchdowns, and six interceptions for the Wolf Pack this year, while also rushing for 504 yards and four touchdowns. Sean Dollars has rushed for 496 yards and six scores, while Dalevon Campbell has caught 29 passes for 562 yards and two touchdowns. The Nevada defense is giving up 32.6 points against per game this season.
Nevada Wolf Pack Team Facts
- Nevada has lost each of its last six November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Nevada has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last nine games against conference opponents at Mackay Stadium.
- Nevada has lost the first half in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents at Mackay Stadium.
- Five of Nevada's last six November games as a home underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Wyoming Cowboys Team Facts
- Wyoming has won each of its last 11 games as a favorite.
- The favorite has covered the spread in each of Wyoming's last four games.
- Six of Wyoming's last eight games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Wyoming has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of five points or less of any FBS team this season (3).
- Wyoming has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of three points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
Wyoming vs Nevada Prediction Breakdown
Wyoming comes into this game with seven wins, but they have played poorly over their last five games, especially on the road. Nevada has lost three games in a row and they are trying to avoid getting their 10th loss of the season. The Wolf Pack have allowed 71 points in their last two games, so Wyoming should have a solid day on offense. The Cowboys are the much better team in this matchup, especially on defense, and I like them to finish the season on a positive note with a big win. Take Wyoming here.