Wake Forest at Syracuse Prediction - College Football Picks 11/25/23
Syracuse Orange (5-6) vs Wake Forest Demon Deacons (4-7)
Game Info: Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 2:00 pm (JMA Wireless Dome)
Betting Odds: Syracuse Orange -1.5 -- Over/Under: 44 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Syracuse Orange will host the Wake Forest Demon Deacons for an ACC matchup this weekend from JMA Wireless Dome on the CW. The head-to-head series is tied at six, but Wake has won the last three meetings. Take a look at our Wake Forest vs Syracuse Prediction.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons Preview
Wake Forest enters at 4-7 after losing to Notre Dame in South Bend, 45-7. The Demon Deacons were picked apart by their former QB Sam Hartman, and they’ll look to show more fight in their final game. The Wake offense is scoring 19.3 ppg, while passing for 191.4 ypg, rushing for 131.3 ypg, and converting 33.9% of their third downs.
Wake Forest Player Notes
• Michael Kern slid into the QB1 role after an injury to Mitch Griffis three weeks back, and after struggling in South Bend last weekend, he’s up to 384 yards with a touchdown to an interception thru three games.
• Junior RB Justice Ellison managed to gain 63 yards in the loss to Notre Dame, and he’s up to 510 rushing yards on 109 carries for the season.
• Third-year wideout Jahmal Banks has caught five passes in back-to-back games, and he leads the team in catches (52) and receiving yards (563).
• The Wake defense has allowed 26.4 points per game.
Syracuse Orange Preview
Syracuse comes in at 5-6 after losing to Georgia Tech in Atlanta, 31-22. The Orange weren’t able to stop the Yellow Jackets on a fourth quarter drive, and they’ll look to bounce back here on Senior Day. The Syracuse offense is scoring 24.6 ppg, while passing for 169.1 ypg, rushing for 179.5 ypg, and converting 39.6% of their third downs.
Syracuse Player Notes
• Syracuse’s situation at the quarterback position has become bizarre, as an injury to Garrett Shrader has led to sophomore tight end Dan Villari taking snaps behind center, and he impressively went 14-14 after being thrown into the fire against Georgia Tech.
• Sophomore back Lequint Allen has done his part by hitting the 100-yard mark in three straight games, and he leads the Orange in rushing (917) and receptions (35).
• The Cuse defense is allowing 23.1 points per game.
Wake Forest vs Syracuse Trends
• WAKE is 4-7 against the spread, with a 4-6-1 O/U record.
• CUSE is 3-6-1 ATS, with a 3-7 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Syracuse fooled us again with a flawless non-conference slate, only to drop six of seven here in ACC play, but there is a chance they come thru on their end this weekend. Wake Forest has underwhelmed themselves, and after losing seven of eight in conference play, this gives the Orange a golden opportunity to become bowl eligible. Wake hasn’t scored more than 21 points since a narrow road win in Norfolk over Old Dominion, and if Cuse can bring enough Senior Day energy to the gridiron, this will be their contest to win. Let’s back Syracuse to earn a bowl bid with a victory here in their home finale.