UAB at North Texas Prediction - College Football Picks 11/25/23
North Texas Mean Green (4-7) vs UAB Blazers (4-7)
Game Info: Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 2:00 pm (DATCU Stadium)
Betting Odds: North Texas Mean Green -2.5 -- Over/Under: 73 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UAB Blazers will head down to Denton to face the North Texas Mean Green in AAC play this weekend from DATCU Stadium on ESPN+. UAB controlled the head-to-head series back in their time as Conference USA foes, as they hold a 6-1 lead, and have won four straight meetings. Let's have a look at our UAB vs North Texas Prediction.
UAB Blazers Preview
UAB moved to 4-7 after defeating Temple at home by ten, 34-24. The Blazers used a strong second half to get back into the win column, and they’ll now look to pull off their first road victory of the season. The UAB offense is scoring 28.8 ppg, while passing for 289.5 ypg, rushing for 154.7ypg, and converting 39.9% of their third downs.
U-Birmingham Player Notes
• Jacob Zeno is the signal caller for UAB, and after going for 246 yards and a score in the win over Temple, he’s passed for 2,844 yards, with 18 touchdowns to nine interceptions thru ten starts.
• Senior back Jermaine Brown Jr. dashed for a season-high 687 yards and a score against the Owls, and he leads the Blazers in rushing with 687 yards on 140 carries.
• Milwaukee native Tejhaun Palmer has scored in four of the last six games, and he leads the Blazers in with 760 receiving yards on 45 catches.
• The UAB defense is allowing 37.6 points per game.
North Texas Mean Green Preview
North Texas moved to 4-7 after defeating Tulsa on the road by a touchdown, 35-28. The Mean Green held the Golden Hurricane off in the fourth to snap a four-game skid, and they’ll look to close strong here on Senior Day. The UNT offense is scoring 33.5 ppg, while passing for 295.7 ypg, rushing for 186.6 ypg, and converting 42.4% of their third downs.
UNT Player Notes
• Chandler Rogers starts for UNT behind center, and after passing for 294 yards and three scores in the win over Tulsa, he’s thrown for 2,979 yards, with 26 touchdowns to four interceptions.
• Junior back Ayo Adeyi has reached the 100-yard mark in three of the last four games, and he leads UNT in rushing with 885 yards.
• Ja’Mori Maclin, cousin of former Mizzou & Eagles star Jeremy, scored in the first seven games of the season, and he leads the team in receptions (48) and receiving yards (886).
• The UNT defense is allowing 36.6 points per game.
U-Birmingham vs North Texas Trends
• UAB is 6-5 against the spread, with a 6-5 O/U record.
• UNT is 6-4-1 ATS, with a 5-6 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Both schools have struggled down the stretch of their first season’s in the AAC, but I do like the spot the hosts come into here. North Texas stuck with conference powers Tulane, Memphis, and fellow newcomer UTSA this season, so they’ve shown fight, and there’s a good chance they close the season on a strong note against a vulnerable UAB defense. The Blazers allowed less than 31 points for the first time since Week 1 last week against a struggling Temple team, so I like leaning on the Mean Green to simply handle business at home and send their seniors off right. Back North Texas this weekend.