Notre Dame vs Stanford Prediction - College Football Picks 11/25/23
Stanford Cardinal (3-8) vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Stanford Stadium)
Betting Odds: Stanford Cardinal +25.5 -- Over/Under: 51.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: PAC-12 Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish will play the Stanford Cardinal in a non-conference game on Saturday night at Stanford Stadium in Stanford, California. Notre Dame has won three of their last four games, while Stanford only has three wins on the year. Here you can look at our Notre Dame vs Stanford Prediction.
Notre Dame Preview
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are 8-3 this year after they defeated Wake Forest by a score of 45-7 in their last game. Notre Dame was tied at seven in the second quarter, but they scored the next 38 points in the win. The Fighting Irish out gained Wake Forest by a score of 450-232 and went 5-10 on third down. Notre Dame has losses to Ohio State, Louisville, and Clemson so far this year. The Notre Dame offense is scoring 37.5 points per game with 257.5 passing yards per game and 163.4 rushing yards per game, while going 40.7% on third downs. Sam Hartman has thrown for 2,549 yards, 22 touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Fighting Irish this season. Audric Estime has rushed for 1,103 yards and 14 scores, while Chris Tyree has caught 24 passes for 446 yards and three touchdowns. The Notre Dame defense is allowing 16 points against per game this season.
The Stanford Cardinal are 3-8 (2-7) this season after they lost to California by a score of 27-15 last week. Stanford trailed 14-6 at the half and they cut the lead to 21-15 in the third quarter, but couldn’t get any closer. The Cardinal were out gained by a total of 455-289 and forced one turnover in the game. Stanford has wins over Hawaii, Colorado, and Washington State so far this year. The Stanford offense is scoring 20.5 points per game with 234.5 passing yards per game and 116.5 rushing yards per game, while going 36.5% on third downs. Ashton Daniels has thrown for 2,095 yards, 11 touchdowns, and seven interceptions, while also rushing for 295 yards and three touchdowns for Stanford this year. Justin Lamson has rushed for 252 yards and four touchdowns, while Elic Ayomanor has caught 55 passes for 955 yards and six scores. The Stanford defense is giving up 36 points against per game this year.
Stanford Cardinal Team Facts
- Stanford has lost each of its last nine home games in November.
- Stanford has failed to cover the spread in each of its last nine November games at Stanford Stadium.
- Stanford has lost the first half in four of its last five home games against non-conference opponents.
- Nine of Stanford's last 10 November games at Stanford Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Team Facts
- Notre Dame has won 17 of its last 18 November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Notre Dame has covered the spread in 12 of its last 14 November games as a favorite.
- Notre Dame has lost the first half in three of its last four games against opponents from the Pac-12 Conference.
- Each of Notre Dame's last six games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- Stanford has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of 40+ points of any FBS team this season (2).
The Fighting Irish have had a disappointing season, as they thought they would be in the CFP discussion at this point of the year. On the other side, Stanford has only won three games and their defense has been horrible for most of the season. Notre Dame is a pretty big favorite in this game and they have shown the ability to blow several teams out this season. Notre Dame is the much more talented team and they should be able to score at will here. Take the Fighting Irish to win big.