Northwestern vs Illinois Prediction - College Football Picks 11/25/23
Illinois Fighting Illini (5-6) vs Northwestern Wildcats (6-5)
Game Info: Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Illinois Fighting Illini -5.5 -- Over/Under: 48 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: BTN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Northwestern Wildcats and Illinois Fighting Illini face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Memorial Stadium. Make sure to read our Northwestern vs Illinois Prediction.
Who Thought Northwestern Could go Bowling?
Heading into the season many believed Northwestern would be one of the worst college football teams, but that hasn’t been the case. Northwestern has won two games in a row and the defense has been strong. In the last game against Purdue the defense gave up only 15 points and they ended up winning by eight points. Northwestern on the season is averaging 20.8 points while their defense is giving up 22.1 points per game. In this game the defense is going to need to step up here.
Northwestern Betting Trends
- Northwestern has lost 10 of its last 12 games in November.
- Northwestern has covered the spread in each of its last five games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Northwestern has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Each of Northwestern's last five road games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Illinois Needs Win To Continue Season
Illinois sits with a 5-6 record overall so that means they are going to need to win this game if they want to continue the season. Last Saturday Illinois faced off against Iowa and they were outscored 6-3 in the 4th quarter on the way to a two point loss. Quarterback John Paddock completed 22 of his 47 passes for 215 yards. Illinois on the season is averaging 22.8 points while their defense is giving up 28 points per game. Illinois needs to find the end zone a couple of times early on.
Illinois Betting Trends
- Illinois has lost five of its last six games against conference opponents at Memorial Stadium (Champaign).
- Illinois has failed to cover the spread in each of its last seven games as a home favorite.
- Illinois has lost the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Memorial Stadium (Champaign).
- Five of Illinois' last six November games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be lower scoring. Northwestern’s defense has been solid this season and the yare going to be good again in this game. Illinois is averaging 22.8 points but they aren’t going to reach that number here. This total is actually a pretty low number, but this game isn’t going to even reach 40 points. This is going to be a comfortable victory with the under putting money in your pocket.