North Carolina vs NC State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/25/23
NC State Wolfpack (8-3) vs North Carolina Tar Heels (8-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Carter-Finley Stadium)
Betting Odds: NC State Wolfpack +2.5 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The North Carolina Tar Heels will play the NC State Wolfpack in an ACC game on Saturday night at Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh, North Carolina. UNC is coming off of a loss to Clemson, while NC State has won four games in a row. here you can take a look at our North Carolina vs NC State Prediction.
North Carolina Preview
The North Carolina Tar Heels are 8-3 (4-3) this year after they lost to Clemson by a score of 31-20 in their last game. North Carolina led 7-0 in the first quarter, but Clemson dominated most of the game after that point. The Tar Heels were out gained by a total of 466-457 and turned the ball over three times in the loss. North Carolina has also lost to Virginia and Georgia Tech this season, and is tied for fifth in the ACC. The UNC offense is averaging 38 points per game with 311.6 passing yards per game and 203.2 rushing yards per game, while going 49.7% on third downs. Drake Maye has thrown for 3,354 yards, 22 touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Tar Heels this season. Omarion Hampton has rushed for 1,414 yards and 15 scores, while Devontez Walker has caught 39 passes for 670 yards and six touchdowns. The North Carolina defense is giving up 26 points against per game this year.
NC State Preview
The NC State Wolfpack are 8-3 (5-2) this season after they defeated Virginia Tech by a score of 35-28 in their last game. NC State led 21-7 at halftime and 35-14 in the fourth quarter, but Virginia Tech made a late comeback attempt. The Wolfpack out gained Virginia Tech by a total of 408-349 and held them to 1-7 on third down. NC State has also defeated Wake Forest, Miami, and Clemson during this four game winning streak. The Wolfpack offense is scoring 25.5 points per game with 183.9 passing yards per game and 148.1 rushing yards per game while going 38.5% on third downs. Brennan Armstrong has thrown for 1,287 yards, eight touchdowns, and six interceptions, while also rushing for 522 yards and six touchdowns for the Wolfpack this season. Michael Allen (questionable) has rushed for 251 yards and one touchdown, while Kevin Concepcion has caught 57 passes for 636 yards and eight scores. The NC State defense is allowing 20.2 points against per game this season.
NC State Wolfpack Team Facts
- NC State has won each of its last three games as an underdog.
- NC State has covered the spread in each of its last five games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- NC State has won the first half in each of its last six games against conference opponents at Carter-Finley Stadium.
- NC State has won the first quarter in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Carter-Finley Stadium.
- Five of NC State's last six games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
North Carolina Tar Heels Team Facts
- The home team has won six of North Carolina's last seven games.
- North Carolina has covered the spread in each of its last five games against NC State at Carter-Finley Stadium.
- North Carolina has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- North Carolina has won the first half in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Four of North Carolina's last five road games in November have gone UNDER the total points line.
NC State comes into this game on a four game winning streak and they will be at home, but they are still a small underdog in this matchup. North Carolina has lost three of their last five games, but they do have one of the best passing attacks in the country. NC State did allow 28 points to Virginia Tech last week, but they allowed a total of 29 points in the previous three games. I think we are going to see a lower scoring game in this matchup, as NC State has a great defense, but a below average offense. Take the under here.