Houston vs UCF Prediction - College Football Picks 11/25/23
UCF Knights (5-6) vs Houston Cougars (4-7)
Game Info: Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 12:00 pm (FBC Mortgage Stadium)
Betting Odds: UCF Knights -13.5 -- Over/Under: 61.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Houston Cougars and UCF Knights face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Bright House Networks Stadium. Let's have a look at our Houston vs UCF Prediction.
Down Year for Houston
Some figured there might be some growing pains this season for Houston and so far that has been the case. Houston has lost two games in a row and each of the losses have come by at least 10 points. In the last game against Oklahoma State, the defense gave up 43 points and that led to the defeat. Quarterback Donovan Smith completed 17 of his 29 passes for 235 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. Smith on the season has thrown for 2.640 yards, 21 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions. The Cougars on the season are averaging 24.6 points while their defense is giving up 31.9 points per game.
Houston Betting Trends
- Houston has won three of its last four November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Houston has covered the spread in four of its last five November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Four of Houston's last five games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
UCF Looks to Become Bowl-Eligible
UCF knows all they have to do is win this game and their season will continue. In the last game against Texas Tech, UCF was competitive, but they couldn’t complete the comeback and ended up falling one point short. John Rhys Plumlee completed 16 of his 32 passes for 249 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Central Florida on the season is averaging 33 points while their defense is giving up 26.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 31st, and they are going to need to get the offense out to a fast start.
UCF Betting Trends
- UCF has won nine of its last 10 November home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- UCF has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Each of UCF's last four games as a home favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Houston can be competitive here. UCF’s defense hasn’t exactly been elite, and they are going to struggle here. Houston is going to get another big game from Smith, and he is going to lead the Cougars to at least 24 points here. He is going to not have any turnovers, and that will really help also. That might not be enough to win the game, but it’s going to be enough to keep this game close. Back Houston against the spread.