Georgia State at Old Dominion Prediction - College Football Picks 11/25/23
Old Dominion Monarchs (5-6) vs Georgia State Panthers (6-5)
Game Info: Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 2:00 pm (Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium)
Betting Odds: Old Dominion Monarchs -2 -- Over/Under: 54.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia State Panthers will head up to Norfolk to face the Old Dominion Monarchs in Sun Belt play this weekend from Ballard Stadium on ESPN+. ODU holds the head-to-head lead, 3-1, but Georgia State did win last year’s meeting in Atlanta. Here you can read our Georgia State vs Old Dominion Prediction.
Georgia State Panthers Preview
Georgia State fell to 6-5 after losing to LSU in Baton Rouge, 56-14. The Panthers were no match for the Tigers in Death Valley, and they’ll look to avoid a fourth straight defeat here. The Georgia St. offense is scoring 25.9 ppg, while passing for 201.1 ypg, rushing for 178.4 ypg, and converting 46.2% of their third downs.
GSU Player Notes
• Darren Grainger starts for GSU behind center, and after passing for 179 yards and a score in the loss to LSU, he’s thrown for 2,165 yards, with 15 touchdowns to five interceptions thru eleven games, and he’s added 691 yards and seven scores on the ground.
• Senior back Marcus Carroll managed to find the endzone versus the Tigers, and he’s one of the nation’s leaders in rushing with 1,293 yards on 259 carries.
• Junior wideout Robert Lewis caught nine passes against LSU, and he leads the team in receptions (61) and receiving yards (790).
• The Georgia State defense is allowing 31.2 points per game.
Old Dominion Monarchs Preview
Old Dominion moved to 5-6 after defeating Georgia Southern in Statesboro by three, 20-17. The Monarchs used a last second field goal to leave GA with a victory, and they’ll look to become bowl eligible this weekend. The ODU offense is scoring 22.7 ppg, while passing for 200.1 ypg, rushing for 154.1 ypg, and converting 38.2% of their third downs.
ODU Player Notes
• Grant Wilson starts for ODU, and after passing for 182 yards and a score in the win over GASO, he’s thrown for 1,818 yards with 15 touchdowns to six interceptions thru ten games.
• Junior back Kadarius Calloway scored in the in-state battle with JMU, and he leads the team in rushing with 594 yards on 78 touches.
• Norfolk native Javon Harvey has scored in back-to-back games, and hems up to 28 catches for 385 receiving yards.
• The ODU defense has allowed 26.4 points per game.
Georgia State vs Old Dominion Trends
• GSU is 5-6 against the spread, with a 5-6 O/U record.
• ODU is 7-4 ATS, with a 5-6 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Old Dominion did what they do best to scrap out a victory and stay alive for a bowl bid, and I believe they will double down on Georgia here in their home finale. Four of ODU’s six losses have been by one score or less, and after finishing on the right side of the scoreboard last weekend, there should be a sense of urgency down the stretch from them in this one, as a win here could extend their season. Georgia State’s performance has faded down the stretch since dropping in-state battle to Georgia Southern, and after being beaten on by LSU last week, you have to wonder how much life they will enter with after four straight defeats. I recommend backing my home state here, and rolling with ODU to become bowl eligible with a Senior Day victory. As with any Monarch game, the Under will also be in play, as their matchups tend to turn into scrapfests.