Florida Atlantic vs Rice Prediction - College Football Picks 11/25/23
Rice Owls (5-6) vs Florida Atlantic Owls (4-7)
Game Info: Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Rice Stadium)
Betting Odds: Rice Owls -4 -- Over/Under: 48 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Florida Atlantic Owls and Rice Owls face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Rice Stadium. This is our Florida Atlantic vs Rice Prediction.
Florida Atlantic’s Offense is an Issue
Florida Atlantic has only four wins this season and the offense has been a major issue heading into this game. FAU lost to East Carolina 22-7 two weeks ago and in the last game against Tulane, they were defeated 24-8. Three games ago the offense scored 42 points, and they need to find a way to get the offense going here. FAU on the season is averaging 24 points while their defense is giving up 25.6 points per game. FAU needs to find a way to get the offense going here.
FAU Betting Trends
- Florida Atlantic has lost eight of its last nine November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Florida Atlantic has failed to cover the spread in nine of its last 11 games in November.
- Florida Atlantic has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Each of Florida Atlantic's last six November games as a road underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Rice Looks to Become Bowl-Eligible
Rice knows they still have everything right in front of them in terms of making a bowl game. Rice scored 28 points against Charlotte in the last game and they ended up winning by 21 points. AJ Padgett completed 13 of his 21 passes for 140 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. The turnovers look like an issue, and he can’t be turning the ball over again here. Rice on the season is averaging 30.8 points while their defense is giving up 27.2 points per game. In this game if the Rice defense is good, they are going to be in good shape to become bowl eligible.
Rice Betting Trends
- The road team has won five of Rice's last six games.
- Rice has covered the spread in each of its last four November games as a favorite.
- Rice has lost the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Twelve of Rice's last 14 home games have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Rice is going to win this game with ease. Florida Atlantic’s offense ahs been an issue heading into this game and over the last two games they have scored 15 points total. FAU is again going to get some bad quarterback play, and that will be the difference here. Rice will score at least 24 points, and Florida Atlantic will have issues getting to 14. Rice becomes bowl eligible here and covers the spread.