California vs UCLA Prediction - College Football Picks 11/25/23
UCLA Bruins (7-4) vs California Golden Bears (5-6)
Game Info: Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 10:30 pm (Rose Bowl)
Betting Odds: UCLA Bruins -10 -- Over/Under: 52 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The California Golden Bears and UCLA Bruins face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at the Rose Bowl. This is our California vs UCLA Prediction.
Can Chip Kelly Save His UCLA Job?
There have been rumors that Chip Kelly could be fired after this season but maybe a win here could get him closer to saving his job. UCLA’s last game came against USC and the defense stepped up in a big way. Ethan Garbers also had a huge game completing 18 of his 31 passes for 155 yards and three touchdowns. Running back T.J. Harden finished with 22 carries for 142 yards and a touchdown. UCLA on the season is averaging 27.5 points while their defense is giving up 16.7 points per game. In this game the defense is going to need to step up.
UCLA Betting Trends
- UCLA has lost three of its last four November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of UCLA's last four games.
- Each of UCLA's last eight games as a favorite against California have gone UNDER the total points line.
Cal Looks to Become Bowl-Eligible
Cal knows they have it all in front of them, and they can become bowl eligible with a win in this game. In the last game against Stanford, the defense was elite giving up only 15 points and they ended up winning by 12 points. Fernando Mendoza has looked good and he’s going to need to be good here, and limit the turnovers. Against Stanford, he completed 24 of his 36 passes for 294 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. Cal on the season is averaging 31.4 points while their defense is giving up 35 points per game.
Cal Betting Trends
- California has lost each of its last 14 games as an underdog.
- The favorite has covered the spread in five of California's last six games.
- California has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Each of California's last five games as an underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This is a rivalry game and Cal is going to be competitive here. The Golden Bears in the last game gave up only 15 points and they are going to lockdown here. Mendoza in his last game threw for three touchdowns, and he’s going to find success here. UCLA will probably still win this game, but they aren’t going to win this game by more than a touchdown. Back Cal against the spread.