Texas Tech vs Texas Prediction - College Football Picks 11/24/23
Texas Longhorns (10-1) vs Texas Tech Red Raiders (6-5)
Game Info: Friday, November 24, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium/Jamail Field)
Betting Odds: Texas Longhorns -13.5 -- Over/Under: 52.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas Tech Red Raiders will play the Texas Longhorns in a Big 12 game on Friday night at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas. Texas Tech has won three games in a row, while Texas has only lost one game all season and is ranked #7. Check out our Texas Tech vs Texas Prediction.
Texas Tech Preview
The Texas Tech Red Raiders are 6-5 (5-3) this season after they defeated UCF by a score of 24-23 in their last game. Texas Tech led 24-17 in the fourth quarter, but allowed a touchdown with about five minutes left, before they were able to block the extra point to keep the lead. The Red Raiders were out gained by a total of 486-446 and went 3-9 on third down in the game. Texas Tech has also defeated Kansas and TCU during this three game winning streak. The Texas Tech offense is scoring 28.5 points per game with 233.2 passing yards per game and 170.9 rushing yards per game, while going 39.9% on third downs. Behren Morton has thrown for 1,410 yards, 12 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Red Raiders this season. Tahj Brooks has rushed for 1,352 yards and nine scores, while Xavier White has caught 31 passes for 470 yards and one touchdown. The Texas Tech defense is giving up 24.3 points against per game this year.
The Texas Longhorns are 10-1 (7-1) this year after they defeated Iowa State by a score of 26-16 in their last game. Texas trailed 3-0 in the first quarter, but they scored 26 of the next 39 points for the 10-point win. The Longhorns out gained Iowa State by a total of 404-332 and held them to only 3-11 on third down in the game. Texas’ only loss this season came against Oklahoma by a score of 34-30, but the Longhorns have had a couple of close calls in their last three games. The Texas offense is scoring 32.9 points per game with 276.3 passing yards per game and 178 rushing yards per game, while going 36.7% on third downs. Quinn Ewers has thrown for 2,513 yards, 16 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Longhorns this season. CJ Baxter has rushed for 507 yards and three touchdowns, while Xavier Worthy has caught 63 passes for 834 yards and four touchdowns. The Texas defense is allowing 18.2 points against per game this season.
Texas Longhorns Team Facts
- Texas has won each of its last nine home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Texas has covered the spread in four of its last five November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Texas has won the first quarter in eight of its last 10 games against conference opponents.
- Texas has won the first half in each of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Each of Texas' last seven games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Texas Tech Red Raiders Team Facts
- Texas Tech has lost 21 of its last 22 games against top-15 AP-ranked teams.
- Texas Tech has covered the spread in four of its last five games as an underdog.
- Each of Texas Tech's last five games as an underdog against Texas have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Texas are one of only 18 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
- Texas rank T29th among FBS teams for points per game this season (33.1).
Texas Tech vs Texas Prediction Breakdown
Texas comes into this matchup looking to lock up a spot in the Big 12 Title game and they will be at home for this game. The Longhorns have had a very good season, but they have had a few close calls this year. Texas only won by three points against Kansas State and TCU, while they were one bad call away from most likely being in overtime against Houston. Texas Tech has had a very inconsistent season, but they have won three games in a row. The Red Raiders have had issues with quarterback injuries this season and the offense has only scored 40 points in their last two games. I would like Texas Tech a lot more if they had a consistent offense, but that is not the case. Take Texas to pull away and win this game by about three scores.