Memphis vs Temple Prediction -College Football Picks 11/24/23
Temple Owls (3-8) vs Memphis Tigers (8-3)
Game Info: Friday, November 24, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Lincoln Financial Field)
Betting Odds: Temple Owls +12.5 -- Over/Under: 63.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Memphis Tigers and Temple Owls face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Lincoln Financial Field. Take a look at our Memphis vs Temple Prediction.
Memphis Offense Looks to Stay Hot
Memphis offense has been good and when this team has struggled this season, it’s usually been the defense that has let them down. In the last game against SMU, the offense scored 38 points, but the defense struggled giving up 38 points. Seth Henigan is having a strong season and he completed 35 of his 51 passes for 402 yards and two touchdowns. Henigan is the difference maker and he’s probably going to need to have a huge game again here. Memphis on the season is averaging 39.2 points while their defense is giving up 29.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 10th, but this game is going to come down to how many defensive stops they make.
Memphis Betting Trends
- Memphis has won each of its last 11 games as a favorite.
- Memphis has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Memphis has won the first quarter in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Memphis' last six games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
What a Disappointing season for Temple
Temple only has three wins on the season and they really haven’t been all that competitive. In the last game against UAB they jumped out to a 7-0 lead, but a terrible 4th quarter they gave up 14 points was the difference maker. EJ Warner had a strong game completing 25 of his 46 passes for 323 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. One issue for this Temple team has been the lack of the running game. The top rusher had only 33 yards in the last game. Temple is averaging 21.1 points while their defense is giving up 34.8 points per game. In this game it’s going to need to be the defense that steps up.
Temple Betting Trends
- Temple has won each of its last three games as a home underdog against Memphis.
- Temple has covered the spread in five of its last six November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Temple has lost the first half in eight of its last 10 games against conference opponents at Lincoln Financial Field.
- Each of Temple's last four games at Lincoln Financial Field have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game could end being one of the highest scoring games of the weekend. Memphis is averaging 39.2 points per game while their defense has been a major issue. Even though Temple hasn’t been exactly elite. Warner did have a strong game in the last one and he’s going to have a strong game again here. There will be very little defense played here, and the over is going to cash.