Ole Miss vs Mississippi State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/23/23
Mississippi State Bulldogs (5-6) vs Ole Miss Rebels (9-2)
Game Info: Thursday, November 23, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field)
Betting Odds: Mississippi State Bulldogs -10 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Ole Miss Rebels and Mississippi State Bulldogs face off on Thursday in the Egg Bowl and this is a key college football showdown at Davis Wade Stadium. Here is our Ole Miss vs Mississippi State Prediction.
Jaxson Dart Looks to Put On Another Show
Ole Miss comes into this game with a 9-2 record overall and a big reason for their success has been the play of Jaxson Dart. In the last game against Louisiana-Monroe, Ole Miss was able to secure the 35-3 victory. Dart completed 24 of his 31 passes for 310 yards, three touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Ole Miss on the season is averaging 36.5 points while their defense is giving up 23.7 points per game. They are averaging 11.9 points per 1st quarter which is 4th best in the league.
Ole Miss Betting Trends
- Ole Miss has won each of its last seven games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ole Miss has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five games in November.
- Ole Miss has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Davis Wade Stadium.
- Each of Ole Miss' last five Thursday games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Mississippi State Looks to Become Bowl-Eligible
Not only is Mississippi State looking to beat their rival, they are also looking to become bowl eligible. They only have five wins, and overall this season, the Bulldogs have been very disappointing. In the last game against Southern Miss, Mississippi State scored 41 points and that was enough for the 21 point victory. Will Rogers threw for 144 yards and two touchdowns. Jeffery Pittman finished with 10 carries for 98 yards and a touchdown. Mississippi State on the season is averaging 23.2 points while their defense is giving up 27.5 points per game. In this game the defense will need to be good, but even more important is going to be Will Rogers who is going to need to have a big game.
Mississippi State Betting Trends
- The favorite has won 18 of Mississippi State's last 19 games at Davis Wade Stadium.
- Mississippi State has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last nine home games against top-15 AP-ranked teams.
- Mississippi State has lost the first half in each of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Each of the last six November games between Ole Miss and Mississippi State have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
It’s a rivalry game, and Mississippi State is going to make this an ugly game. The Bulldogs are going to keep the game on the ground and they are going to try and run the clock here. I also think Will Rogers being back is a big boost for this Bulldogs team, and Mississippi State is actually going to find some offensive success here. It might not be enough to win this game, but they are going to keep it close. Back Mississippi State against the spread.