UTEP vs Middle Tennessee Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-7) vs UTEP Miners (3-7)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 2:00 pm (Johnny (Red) Floyd Stadium)
Betting Odds: Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders -7.5 -- Over/Under: 47.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UTEP Miners will play the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders in a C-USA game on Saturday afternoon at Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. UTEP has alternated losses and wins over their last five games, while Middle Tennessee has dropped two of their last three games.
The UTEP Miners are 3-7 (2-4) this season after they lost to Western Kentucky by a score of 21-13 in their last game. UTEP led 3-0 at halftime, but they allowed 21 points in the second half for the loss. The Miners out gained WKU by a total of 368-280, but went 3-13 on third down. UTEP’s two conference wins this season came against FIU and Sam Houston. The UTEP offense is averaging 18.1 points per game with 202.7 passing yards per game and 159.3 rushing yards per game, while going 30.5% on third downs. Cade McConnell has thrown for 909 yards, four touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Miners this year. Deion Hankins has rushed for 746 yards and three touchdowns, while Kelly Akharaiyi has caught 37 passes for 786 yards and five scores. The UTEP defense is allowing 26.6 points against per game this year.
Middle Tennessee Preview
The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are 3-7 (2-4) this year after they defeated FIU by a score of 40-6 in their last game. Middle Tennessee led 17-0 after the first quarter and they cruised to the blowout win. The Blue Raiders out gained FIU by a total of 427-277 and forced one turnover in the game. Middle Tennessee has also defeated Louisiana Tech in conference play by a score of 31-23. The Middle Tennessee offense is scoring 23.7 points per game with 267.4 passing yards per game and 125 rushing yards per game, while going 41.6% on third downs. Nicholas Vattiato has thrown for 2,609 yards, 20 touchdowns, and nine interceptions for the Blue Raiders this season. Jaiden Credle has rushed for 389 yards and two touchdowns, while Elijah Metcalf has caught 49 passes for 583 yards and six scores. The Middle Tennessee defense is giving up 28.4 points against per game this season.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Team Facts
- Middle Tennessee has won each of its last six matches at Johnny Floyd Stadium when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Middle Tennessee has covered the spread in six of its last seven matches at Johnny Floyd Stadium when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Middle Tennessee has won the first quarter in each of its last four games against conference opponents at Johnny Floyd Stadium.
- Middle Tennessee has won the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents at Johnny Floyd Stadium.
- Each of Middle Tennessee's last three November games as a home favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
UTEP Miners Team Facts
- UTEP has lost each of its last nine November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- UTEP has failed to cover the spread in 12 of its last 13 November games as a road underdog.
- Nine of UTEP's last 10 road games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Both of these teams have identical overall and conference records, but Middle Tennessee has some momentum after their win last week and they are at home for this matchup. Both of these teams have played very inconsistently this season, but Middle Tennessee has played decently well in their last four games. In those four games, the Blue Raiders have two wins, a six point loss to NMSU, and a seven point loss to Liberty. UTEP has one of the worst offenses in the conference and they are overmatched here. Take the Blue Raiders at home.