UCLA vs USC Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
USC Trojans (7-4) vs UCLA Bruins (6-4)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 3:30 pm (United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum)
Betting Odds: USC Trojans -6.5 -- Over/Under: 65.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UCLA Bruins and USC Trojans face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at LA Memorial Coliseum.
UCLA’s Offense is an Issue
UCLA comes into this game with a 6-4 record overall but the last couple of games the offense hasn’t been good enough. Last Saturday, UCLA faced off against Arizona State and they were defeated 17-7. Under center for UCLA is Collin Schlee and he completed 11 of his 18 passes for 117 yards and a touchdown. UCLA overall is averaging 26.4 points while their defense is giving up 16.4 points per game. The defense is ranked 9th in the league, but the offense in this game is going to need to find a way to get going.
UCLA Betting Trends
- UCLA has won three of its last four games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- UCLA has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- UCLA has lost the first half in six of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Each of UCLA's last four games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Is This The Game USC’s Defense Steps Up?
USC comes into this game with a 7-4 record overall and if they had any sort of defense, their record be a whole lot better. In the last game against Oregon, the defense wasn’t good enough giving up 36 points and that led to the nine point defeat. Quarterback Caleb Williams completed 19 of his 34 passes for 291 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. Overall thisseason USC is averaging 43.8 points while their defense is giving up 34.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 3rd in the league while the defense is ranked 123rd.
USC Betting Trends
- USC has won each of its last 10 home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- USC has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five games as a favorite.
- USC has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Each of USC's last six home games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
UCLA’s offense hasn’t been great heading into this game, but that isn’t going to matter because now they face off against a USC defense that can’t slow down anyone. In this game USC is going to find their same offensive success, but their defense is going to be an issue and that will be the difference here as UCLA is going to keep this game close. Collin Schlee could lead them to success here. Back UCLA against the spread.