Temple vs UAB Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
UAB Blazers (3-7) vs Temple Owls (3-7)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 3:00 pm (Protective Stadium)
Betting Odds: UAB Blazers -7.5 -- Over/Under: 64.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Temple Owls will play the UAB Blazers in an AAC game on Saturday afternoon at Protective Stadium in Birmingham, Alabama. Temple only has one conference win this year, while UAB has lost three of their last four games.
The Temple Owls are 3-7 (1-5) this year after they lost to South Florida by a score of 27-23 last week. Temple trailed 17-0 in the first quarter and 27-10 in the fourth, but they did score twice to tighten the game up in the fourth. The Owls were out gained by a total of 451-389 and turned the ball over four times in the loss. Temple’s only conference win so far this season came against Navy by a score of 32-18 two games ago. The Temple offense is scoring 20.8 points per game with 266.7 passing yards per game and 96.5 rushing yards per game, while going 38.6% on third downs. E.J. Warner has thrown for 2,423 yards, 19 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions for the Owls this season. Joquez Smith (questionable) has rushed for 311 yards and one touchdown, while Amad Anderson Jr. has caught 30 passes for 478 yards and one score. The Temple defense is allowing 34.9 points against per game this season.
The UAB Blazers are 3-7 (2-4) this season after they lost to Navy by a score of 31-6 in their last game. UAB trailed 7-6 at halftime, but they were out scored 24-0 in the second half for the loss. The Blazers were out gained by a total of 363-321 and both teams turned the ball over two times in the game. UAB has two wins in conference play so far this season, which came against South Florida and FAU. The UAB offense is averaging 28.3 points per game with 293.6 passing yards per game and 145.3 rushing yards per game, while going 38.8% on third downs. Jacob Zeno has thrown for 2,595 yards, 17 touchdowns, and nine interceptions for the Blazers this year. Jermaine Brown Jr. has rushed for 534 yards and nine scores, while Tejhaun Palmer has caught 37 passes for 635 yards and five touchdowns. The UAB defense is allowing 37.4 points against per game this year.
UAB Blazers Team Facts
- UAB has won each of its last 10 November games as a home favorite.
- UAB has covered the spread in each of its last three November games as a home favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- UAB has won the first quarter in each of its last four games against conference opponents at Protective Stadium.
- Nine of UAB's last 10 games against conference opponents at Protective Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Temple Owls Team Facts
- Temple has lost each of its last 13 road games.
- Temple has covered the spread in each of its last five November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Temple has lost the first half in 11 of its last 13 road games against conference opponents.
- Six of Temple's last seven November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Both of these teams come into this game with a 3-7 overall record, but UAB does have one more conference win than Temple has. UAB will be at home for this game and they did win their last home game against FAU. Temple has played decently well in two straight games and the defense has been slightly improved. UAB looked very bad against Navy in their last game and they have one of the worst defenses in the country. I think Temple will be able to move the ball in this game and I like them to keep this game close. Take the Owls here.