Syracuse vs Georgia Tech Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (5-5) vs Syracuse Orange (5-5)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field)
Betting Odds: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets -5.5 -- Over/Under: 53.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Syracuse Orange and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets face off on Saturday in a college football showdown Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Syracuse Looks to Become Bowl Eligible
Syracuse comes into this game with a 5-5 record overall and they are coming off a big win in the last game. The defense gave up only 13 points against the Pitt Panthers and that led to the 15 point victory. Syracuse won the game, but they only finished with 17 yards through the air. Dan Villari had a strong game finishing with 17 carries for 154 yards and a touchdown. LeQuint Allen also rushed 28 times for 102 yards. Syracuse on the season is averaging 24.9 points while their defense is giving up 22.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 83rd and in this game they need to try to be more dynamic through the air.
Syracuse Betting Trends
- Syracuse has lost eight of its last nine road games against conference opponents.
- Syracuse has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Syracuse has lost the first half in 16 of its last 17 road games against conference opponents.
- Three of Syracuse's last four November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia Tech’s Defense Wasn’t Good Enough
Georgia Tech comes into this game with a 5-5 record overall, but in the last game against the Clemson, they looked bad. Georgia Tech’s offense scored 21 points, but the defense gave up 42 points. The turnovers were a big problem for quarterback Haynes King and he finished the game throwing for 129 yards, two touchdowns, and four interceptions. On the season Tech is averaging 32 points while their defense is giving up 31.3 points per game.
Georgia Tech Betting Trends
- The underdog has won six of Georgia Tech's last seven games at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field.
- Georgia Tech has failed to cover the spread in each of its last eight games as a favorite.
- Georgia Tech has lost the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field.
- Each of Georgia Tech's last six home games have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This is going to be an ugly game. The Georgia Tech defense is going to step up against the run here and they are going to force Syracuse to throw the ball. Syracuse isn’t going to find a whole lot of success through the air. I do think the turnvovers are again going to be an issue for King, and that is going to be the difference as this game is going to end up lower scoring. Back the under to cash.