Sam Houston State vs WKU Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
WKU Hilltoppers (5-5) vs Sam Houston State Bearkats (2-8)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium)
Betting Odds: WKU Hilltoppers -12 -- Over/Under: 53.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Sam Houston State Bearkats and Western Kentucky Hilltoppers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Houchens Industries L. T. Smith Stadium.
How Does Sam Houston State Build on Last Game?
Sam Houston State comes into this game with a 2-8 record overall but they are coming off a big victory in the last game. Sam Houston State scored 42 points against Louisiana Tech, and that led to the victory. They scored 28 points in the second half. Keegan Shoemaker completed 18 of his 28 passes for 269 yards and a touchdown. Adrian Murdaugh finished with nine carries for 63 yards and a touchdown. Overall this season Sam Houston State is averaging 19.4 points while their defense is giving up 26.6 points per game.
Sam Houston State Betting Trends
- Sam Houston State has lost 15 of its last 17 games.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Sam Houston State's last four games.
- Each of Sam Houston State's last four games have gone OVER the total points line.
Western Kentucky Looks to Become Bowl-Eligible
Western Kentucky comes into this game with a 5-5 record but they are coming off a loss in the last game. Western Kentucky scored 29 points while the defense gave up 38 points and that led to the nine point defeat. Austin Reed had a strong game completing 20 of his 36 passes for 270 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. Western Kentucky is averaging 28.9 points while their defense is giving up 28.7 points per game. They have done a good job of getting out to fast start and they are averaging 10.3 points per game in the 1st quarter. Austin Reed has thrown for 2,668 yards, 24 touchdowns, and seven interceptions.
Western Kentucky Betting Trends
- Western Kentucky has won 17 of its last 19 November games at L.T. Smith Stadium.
- Western Kentucky has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Western Kentucky has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents at L.T. Smith Stadium.
- Western Kentucky has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at L.T. Smith Stadium.
- Eight of Western Kentucky's last 10 home games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Sam Houston State looked impressive in the last game, but don’t let that fool you. Sam Houston State overall is averaging 19.4 points and they are going to really struggle in this game. Western Kentucky is averaging 28.9 points and they are going to go even higher than that here. Austin Reed is going to have a big game here, and the Hilltoppers are going to get the job done. Back Western Kentucky against the spread.