Rice vs Charlotte Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Charlotte 49ers (3-7) vs Rice Owls (4-6)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 2:00 pm (Jerry Richardson Stadium)
Betting Odds: Charlotte 49ers +2.5 -- Over/Under: 47.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Rice Owls and Charlotte 49ers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Jerry Richardson Stadium.
Rice Really Disappointed in Last Game
Rice comes into this game with a 4-6 record overall and they really disappointed in the last game. Rice thought they could be competitive against UTSA but the offense only managed 14 points and that led to the 20 point defeat. One issue was that JT Daniels missed the last game with a concussion and he’s questionable for this game. If he can’t go, that would be a big loss for Rice. Rice overall this season is averaging 31.1 points while their defense is giving up 29.2 points per game.
Rice Betting Trends
- Rice has lost each of its last six November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Rice has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six road games in November.
- Seven of Rice's last eight games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Charlotte Being More Competitive
Charlotte only has three wins this season, but they have been more competitive. Charlotte scored 38 points against Memphis in the last game, but the defense gave up 44 points and they ended up losing in overtime. Trexler Ivey threw for 168 yards, zero touchdowns, and four interceptions. Hahsaun also had 24 carries for 194 yards and three touchdowns. Overall this season the 49ers are averaging 18.9 points while their defense is giving up 26.7 points per game.
Charlotte Betting Trends
- Charlotte has lost seven of its last eight games against conference opponents at Jerry Richardson Stadium.
- Charlotte has failed to cover the spread in 10 of its last 12 games at Jerry Richardson Stadium.
- Each of Charlotte's last three games as an underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Without knowing the status of JT Daniels, there are better games on the board. Charlotte has been more competitive as of late though, and their offense has been a big reason why. In this game, Charlotte’s offense is going to find success again and that is going to be the difference here as the 49ers are going to keep this game close. Back the Charlotte 49ers to cover the spread here.