Oregon vs Arizona State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Arizona State Sun Devils (3-7) vs Oregon Ducks (9-1)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 4:00 pm (Mountain America Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arizona State Sun Devils +23.5 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oregon Ducks will play the Arizona State Sun Devils in a PAC-12 game on Saturday afternoon at Mountain America Stadium in Tempe, Arizona. Oregon has won four games in a row, while Arizona State has won two of their last three games.
The Oregon Ducks are 9-1 (6-1) this season after they defeated USC by a score of 36-27 in their last game. Oregon led 22-14 at the half and 36-14 in the fourth quarter, but USC did score twice in the fourth to make it closer. The Ducks out gained USC by a total of 552-379 and forced one turnover in the win. Oregon’s lone loss this season came on the road against Washington by a score of 36-33. The Oregon offense is scoring 46.3 points per game with 338.7 passing yards per game and 202.3 rushing yards per game, while going 54.4% on third downs. Bo Nix has thrown for 3,135 yards, 29 touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Ducks this season. Bucky Irving has rushed for 939 yards and 10 scores, while Troy Franklin has caught 60 passes for 1,093 yards and 11 touchdowns. The Oregon defense is allowing 17.1 points against per game this season.
Arizona State Preview
The Arizona State Sun Devils are 3-7 (2-5) this year after they defeated UCLA by a score of 17-7 last week. Arizona State led 10-0 at halftime, but did allow a touchdown in the fourth quarter to break up the shutout. The Sun Devils were out gained by a total of 300-250 and forced UCLA to go 0-4 on fourth down. Arizona State’s other two wins this season came against Washington State and Southern Utah. The ASU offense is scoring 17.7 points per game with 223.7 passing yards per game and 100.8 rushing yards per game, while going 32.7% on third downs. Trenton Bourguet has thrown for 1,344 yards, one touchdown, and four interceptions for the Sun Devils this year. Cameron Skattebo has rushed for 626 yards and eight scores, while Elijah Badger has caught 58 passes for 649 yards and three touchdowns. The Arizona State defense is giving up 27.4 points against per game this year.
Arizona State Sun Devils Team Facts
- Arizona State has lost eight of its last nine games against AP-ranked teams.
- Arizona State has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games against top-10 AP-ranked teams.
- Four of Arizona State's last five games against top-10 AP-ranked teams at Mountain America Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Oregon Ducks Team Facts
- Oregon has won 23 of its last 24 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Oregon has covered the spread in six of its last seven road games against conference opponents.
- Oregon has won the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Ten of Oregon's last 13 games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Oregon are one of only 24 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
- Oregon has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of 30+ points of any FBS team this season (4).
Oregon was able to stay well ahead of USC in their last game and they are definitely one of the best teams in the country. The Ducks did lose to Washington, but I think they are better than the Huskies. Arizona State only has three wins this year, but they have given more than a few teams plenty of trouble. I don’t think that will be the case in this game, as the ASU defense is just not going to hold up against this Oregon attack. Take the Ducks here.