Old Dominion vs Georgia Southern Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Georgia Southern Eagles (6-4) vs Old Dominion Monarchs (4-6)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 6:00 pm (Allen E. Paulson Stadium)
Betting Odds: Georgia Southern Eagles -6 -- Over/Under: 62 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Old Dominion Monarchs and Georgia Southern Eagles face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Paulson Stadium.
Must Win Game for Old Dominion
If Old Dominion wants a chance to make a bowl game, this is a game that they are going to have to win. Old Dominion sits with a 4-6 record and in the last game against Liberty they were defeated 38-10. They didn’t score their first touchdown until the 4th quarter. Grant Wilson completed 23 of his 42 passes for 161 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Old Dominion is averaging 23 points while their defense is giving up 27.4 points per game. Old Dominion is averaging only 2.3 points per game in the 1st quarter and they are going to need to try and find a way to change that here. Old Dominion needs to get out to a fast start.
Old Dominion Betting Trends
- Old Dominion has lost seven of its last eight road games.
- The underdog has covered the spread in eight of Old Dominion's last nine games.
- Three of Old Dominion's last four games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Georgia Southern Looks to End Losing Streak
Georgia Southern sits with a 6-4 record overall but they have lost two games in a row. In the last game against Marshall, Georgia Southern scored 33 points, but the defense gave up 38 points and they ended up losing by five. One issue in that game was they let Marshall find all kinds of success running the ball. Georgia Southern overall is averaging 32.7 points while their defense is giving up 28 points per game. The offense is ranked 32nd, while the defense is ranked 85th. In this game the defense is going to need to step up in a big way.
Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Georgia Southern has won each of its last six home games.
- Georgia Southern has covered the spread in five of its last six games at Allen E. Paulson Stadium.
- Georgia Southern has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Allen E. Paulson Stadium.
- Each of Georgia Southern's last four games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Georgia Southern is going to bounce back in a big way here. Georgia Southern scored 33 points in the last game and in the last game Old Dominion gave up 38 points. Georgia Southern is going to have no issue running up the score here. Old Dominion’s offense also only scored 10 points in the last game and they are going to struggle to get the offense going here. Back Georgia Southern against the spread.