Oklahoma vs BYU Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
BYU Cougars (5-5) vs Oklahoma Sooners (8-2)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 12:00 pm (LaVell Edwards Stadium)
Betting Odds: BYU Cougars +24.5 -- Over/Under: 56.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oklahoma Sooners will play the BYU Cougars in a Big 12 game on Saturday afternoon at LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo, Utah. Oklahoma bounced back with a win against West Virginia last week, while BYU has lost three games in a row.
The Oklahoma Sooners are 8-2 (5-2) this year after they defeated West Virginia by a score of 59-20 in their last game. Oklahoma trailed 7-0 in the first quarter, but they scored the next 31 points to pull away before halftime. The Sooners out gained WVU by a total of 644-330 and forced two turnovers in the win. Oklahoma had lost their previous two games against Oklahoma State and Kansas by a combined eight points. The Oklahoma offense is scoring 41.8 points per game with 323.8 passing yards per game and 181.6 rushing yards per game, while going 48.1% on third downs. Dillon Gabriel has thrown for 3,069 yards, 25 touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Sooners this year. Tawee Walker has rushed for 442 yards and six touchdowns, while Drake Stoops has caught 62 passes for 692 yards and nine scores. The Oklahoma defense is giving up 19.8 points against per game this year.
The BYU Cougars are 5-5 (2-5) this season after they lost to Iowa State by a score of 45-13 last week. BYU trailed 31-7 at halftime and was out scored 14-6 in the second half for the loss. The Cougars were out gained by a total of 443-318 and turned the ball over three times in the game. BYU has also lost to West Virginia and Texas during this three game losing streak. The BYU offense is averaging 21.9 points per game with 209.5 passing yards per game and 90.5 rushing yards per game, while going 27.1% on third downs. Kedon Slovis (questionable) has thrown for 1,716 yards, 12 touchdowns, and six interceptions for the Cougars this year. LJ Martin has rushed for 494 yards and four touchdowns, while Chase Roberts has caught 39 passes for 524 yards and four scores. The BYU defense is allowing 28.7 points against per game this season.
BYU Cougars Team Facts
- BYU has won each of its last four games against AP-ranked teams at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- BYU has covered the spread in each of its last four games against AP-ranked teams at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- BYU has won the first half in four of its last five home games against conference opponents.
- Each of BYU's last four November games at LaVell Edwards Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Oklahoma Sooners Team Facts
- Oklahoma has lost four of its last five November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Oklahoma has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight November games as a road favorite.
- Oklahoma rank 28th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (19.8).
- Oklahoma has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of five points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
Oklahoma didn’t play their best football against Kansas and Oklahoma State, but they jumped all over West Virginia last week for the easy win. BYU only has two conference wins and they have been out scored by a total of 119-26 in their last three games against Iowa State, West Virginia, and Texas. I think we are going to see another big day from Gabriel and the Oklahoma offense, but I do think BYU will find a couple of scores. Take the over here.