North Texas vs Tulsa Prediction -College Football Pick 11/18/23
Tulsa Golden Hurricane (3-7) vs North Texas Mean Green (3-7)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 3:00 pm (Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tulsa Golden Hurricane +2.5 -- Over/Under: 66 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The North Texas Mean Green and Tulsa Golden Hurricane face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Chapman Stadium.
What a Down Year for North Texas
North Texas is having a terrible season and they come into this game with a 3-7 record overall. In the last game against SMU, North Texas scored 21 points, but the defense gave up 45 points and that led to the defeat. Quarterback Chandler Rodgers completed 18 of his 31 passes for 240 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. The offense overall hasn’t been an issue and they are averaging 33.4 points per game. The defense has also been awful giving up 37.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 29th but the defense is ranked 133th.
North Texas Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of North Texas' last seven games.
- North Texas has covered the spread in five of its last six November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- North Texas has lost the first half in each of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Five of North Texas' last six November games as a road favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Tulsa Almost Pulled the Big Upset
Tulsa comes into this game with a 3-7 record overall, but almost pulled the upset in the last game. In the last game against the Tulane Green Wave, Tulsa only gave up 24 points and they almost made the 4th quarter comeback, but they ended up losing by two points. Quarterback Kirk Francis had a strong game completing 22 of his 34 passes for 345 yards, one touchdown, and zero interception. Two games ago against Charlotte, they were competitive but they ended up losing in overtime. Tulsa on the season is averaging 22.4 points while their defense is giving up 34.4 points per game.
Tulsa Betting Trends
- Tulsa has lost each of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Tulsa has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last nine home games.
- Tulsa has won the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Six of Tulsa's last seven November games as a home underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Even on the road, North Texas is going to have no issue running up the score here. North Texas is averaging 33.4 points per game and their defense is going to be better. I don’t believe in the Tulsa offense and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going here. I think they are going to have a couple of turnovers in key spots, something that has been an issue all season. Back North Texas against the spread.