New Mexico State vs Auburn Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Auburn Tigers (6-4) vs New Mexico State Aggies (8-3)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 4:00 pm (Jordan-Hare Stadium)
Betting Odds: Auburn Tigers -25.5 -- Over/Under: 48.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SEC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New Mexico State Aggies and Auburn Tigers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Jordan-Hare.
What a season for New Mexico State
New Mexico State comes into this game with an 8-3 record overall and a win here would be one of the best in program history. In the last game against Western Kentucky, New Mexico State scored 38 points and they ended up winning by nine points. Diego Pavia completed 14 of his 24 passes for 141 yards and a touchdown. In the last game, New Mexico State was down 14-3 in the 1st quarter and they are going to need to get out to a faster start here. The Aggies are averaging 28.7 points while their defense is giving up 20.8 points per game.
New Mexico State Betting Trends
- New Mexico State has won each of its last six games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- New Mexico State has covered the spread in each of its last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- New Mexico State has lost the first half in each of its last seven road games against opponents from the Southeastern Conference.
- Each of New Mexico State's last five November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Auburn Looks for Fourth Straight Win
Auburn sits with a 6-4 record overall and they have won four games in a row. In the last game against Arkansas, Auburn was elite scoring 48 points and that led to the 38 point victory. Jarquez Hunter had a strong game putting up 109 yards on the ground. Payton Thorne also threw for three touchdowns and an interception. In this game, Auburn is going to need the offense to run up the score. Auburn on the season is averaging 29.3 points while their defense is giving up 20.5 points per game. Auburn needs to get out to fast start and really put the pressure on New Mexico State.
Auburn Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Auburn's last 14 games at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- Auburn has covered the spread in six of its last seven games in November.
- Eight of Auburn's last 10 November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This would be one of the biggest wins in program history if New Mexico State could win this game, but that isn’t going to happen. New Mexico State fell behind 14-3 in the first quarter and they are going to struggle here. New Mexico State is going to fall behind early, and that is going to be the difference here. Auburn scored 48 points in the last game and they are going to get to at least that number here. Back Auburn against the spread.