Minnesota vs Ohio State Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Ohio State Buckeyes (10-0) vs Minnesota Golden Gophers (5-5)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 4:00 pm (Ohio Stadium)
Betting Odds: Ohio State Buckeyes -27.5 -- Over/Under: 49.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: BTN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Minnesota Golden Gophers will play the Ohio State Buckeyes in a Big Ten game on Saturday afternoon at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio. Minnesota has lost two games in a row, while Ohio State continues to be undefeated, with Michigan on the schedule next week.
The Minnesota Golden Gophers are 5-5 (3-4) this season after they lost to Purdue by a score of 49-30 in their last game. Minnesota led 10-7 in the first quarter and it was only 28-20 at the half, but Purdue dominated the second half to get the win. The Golden Gophers were out gained by a total of 604-407 and went 4-14 on third down. Minnesota lost to Illinois by a score of 27-26 in the game prior, but they did defeat MSU and Iowa in the two games before that. The Minnesota offense is scoring 22.5 points per game with 158.2 passing yards per game and 160.4 rushing yards per game, while going 35.3% on third downs. Athan Kaliakmanis has thrown for 1,582 yards, 13 touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Golden Gophers this season. Darius Taylor (questionable) has rushed for 591 yards and four scores, while Daniel Jackson has caught 45 passes for 681 yards and seven touchdowns. The Minnesota defense is giving up 25.8 points against per game this season.
Ohio State Preview
The Ohio State Buckeyes are 10-0 (7-0) this year after they defeated Michigan State by a score of 38-3 last week. Ohio State scored 35 points in the first half and they cruised to the victory in the second half. The Buckeyes out gained MSU by a total of 530-182 and held them to only 2-14 on third down. Ohio State has two quality wins this season against Notre Dame and Penn State, but their season will come down to the Michigan game next week. The OSU offense is scoring 33.3 points per game with 290.2 passing yards per game and 138.6 rushing yards per game, while going 44.4% on third downs. Kyle McCord has thrown for 2,687 yards, 20 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Buckeyes this year. TreVeyon Henderson has rushed for 648 yards and eight scores, while Marvin Harrison Jr. has caught 59 passes for 1,063 yards and 12 touchdowns. The Ohio State defense is allowing 9.9 points against per game this year.
Ohio State Buckeyes Team Facts
- Ohio State has won each of its last 47 games against non-AP-ranked teams at Ohio Stadium.
- Ohio State has covered the spread in each of its last four home games.
- Ohio State has won the first quarter in 13 of its last 16 games against conference opponents.
- Ohio State has won the first half in 11 of its last 12 home games against conference opponents.
- Six of Ohio State's last seven games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Minnesota Golden Gophers Team Facts
- Minnesota has won three of its last four November games as an underdog.
- Minnesota has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five road games against AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Minnesota's last five games against top-15 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Ohio State are one of only 24 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season ([z-0]).
- Ohio State rank 30th among FBS teams for points per game this season (33.3).
Ohio State played a near perfect first half against Michigan State last week, where they scored 35 points, but they took their foot off of the gas pedal in the second half. Minnesota allowed 49 points to Purdue and they allowed 52 points to Michigan earlier in the year, so Ohio State should have another big day. The only way Ohio State has any issues at all in this game, is if they are looking ahead to Michigan next week. I think they will be focused enough to get the job done, but I also think they will slow it down in the second half just like last week, which may open the door for a Minnesota cover. Take the Golden Gophers here.