Michigan State vs Indiana Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Indiana Hoosiers (3-7) vs Michigan State Spartans (3-7)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Indiana Hoosiers -3.5 -- Over/Under: 47 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: BTN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Michigan State Spartans and Indiana Hoosiers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at The Rock.
Terrible Season Almost Done For Michigan State
Michigan State comes into this game with a 3-7 record and they were blown out in the last game. Quarterback Katin Houser completed 12 of his 24 passes for 92 yards. The top wide receiver only had 23 yards and they need to find a way to get better production from the wide receivers. Michigan State on the season is averaging 16.7 points while their defense is giving up 27.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 130th and they need to find a way to get the offense going here.
Michigan State Betting Trends
- Michigan State has lost 10 of its last 11 road games.
- Michigan State has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six road games in November.
- Michigan State has lost the first half in six of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Each of Michigan State's last four road games in November have gone UNDER the total points line.
Indiana Almost Made the Late Comeback Against Illinois
Indiana outscored Illinois 15-9 in the 4th quarter in the last game, but once overtime hit they only managed a field goal and they ended up losing by six points. Brendan Sorsby completed 22 of his 33 points for 289 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. Donaven McCulley caught 11 passes for 137 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Indiana on the season is averaging 21.4 points while their defense is giving up 30 points per game. The offense is ranked 108th.
Indiana Betting Trends
- Indiana has won 14 of its last 15 November games as a favorite.
- Indiana has covered the spread in four of its last five November games as a home favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Indiana's last four games as a home favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Michigan State is averaging 16.7 points per game and it’s not going to get a whole lot better here. Indiana’s offense sure was impressive in the last game and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. Indiana will score at least 28 points here and that is going to be enough for them to find success. Michigan State just doesn’t have enough talent at wide receiver to keep the game close. Back Indiana against the spread.