Michigan at Maryland Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Maryland Terrapins (6-4) vs Michigan Wolverines (10-0)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 12:00 pm (SECU Stadium)
Betting Odds: Maryland Terrapins +19.5 -- Over/Under: 50.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Michigan Wolverines will come down to College Park to meet the Maryland Terrapins in Big Ten action this weekend from Michigan holds a lopsided series lead of 10-1, after winning seven straight matchups.
Michigan Wolverines Preview
Michigan jumped to 10-0 after defeating Penn State on the road, 24-15. The Nittany Lions grinded out a strong road win, and they’ll look to remain sharp with a home date with Ohio State in line. The Michigan offense is scoring 39.0 ppg, while passing for 237.4 ypg, rushing for 173.1 ypg, and converting 54.5% of their third downs.
UM Player Notes
• J.J. McCarthy didn’t have to do much at Penn State last week, as he protected the football, and completed seven passes for 60 yards. The junior quarterback enjoyed a light contest last weekend, and he’ll look to guide the Wolverines to another victory here. McCarthy has passed for 2,194 yards, with 18 touchdowns to three interceptions thru ten starts, and he’s added three scores on the ground as well.
• Senior back Blake Corum scored multiple times for the second game in a row, and he leads the country with 18 rushing touchdowns, while leading Big Blue with 794 yards on 152 carries.
• Senior wideout Roman Wilson had a big game in the win over Purdue, and he leads UM in receptions (36), receiving yards (589), and touchdown catches (10).
• The Michigan defense has allowed 7.5 points per game.
Maryland Terrapins Preview
Maryland moved to 6-4 after defeating Nebraska in Lincoln by three, 13-10. The Terrapins picked up a true Big Ten win in the slugfest with the Cornhuskers, and they’ll attempt to shock the nation here on Senior Day. The Maryland offense is scoring 28.9 ppg, while passing for 281.0 ypg, rushing for 115.5 ypg, and converting 44.3% of their third downs.
Maryland Player Notes
• Taulia Tagovailoa did just enough to get the Terps past the finish line last weekend, going 27/40 for 283 yards with a touchdown and a pick. The senior quarterback has been solid since a rough outing in Columbus, and this Michigan defense may serve as his toughest test of the season. Tagovailoa has passed for 2,769 yards, with 22 touchdowns to eight interceptions thru ten starts.
• Sophomore back Roman Hemby bounced back with a 74-yard showing in Nebraska, and he leads the Terps with 515 yards on 109 carries.
• Senior wideout Jeshaun Jones caught five passes for 86 yards in the win over the Cornhuskers, and he leads UM in receptions (45) and receiving yards (607).
• The Maryland defense has allowed 22.4 points per game.
Michigan vs Maryland Trends
• UM is 5-4-1 against the spread, with a 5-5 O/U record.
• MD is 4-6 ATS, with a 5-5 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Michigan has beat up on teams this season, and this matchup could look a lot like Maryland’s home loss to Penn State, which was one-sided. There’s no team more motivated than the Wolverines right now, as they’re playing for both a championship and their coach, and with a date with Ohio State looming, they will likely come out sharp. The Under will be an option, but let’s back Michigan’s defense to dominate once again and help secure another big victory.