Marshall vs South Alabama Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
South Alabama Jaguars (5-5) vs Marshall Thundering Herd (5-5)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 5:00 pm (Hancock Whitney Stadium)
Betting Odds: South Alabama Jaguars -8.5 -- Over/Under: 51.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Marshall Thundering Herd and South Alabama Jaguars face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Hancock Whitney Stadium.
Rasheen Ali Runs Wild
It’s Been quite the season for Marshall running back Rasheen Ali and he continues to put up big games. Marshall sits with a 5-5 record and if it wasn’t for Ali, they would be much worse. In the last game against Georgia Southern, Marshall was able to secure a 38-33 victory. Ali finished with 24 carries for 165 yards and three touchdowns. Marshall on the season is averaging 24.4 points while their defense is giving up 28.9 points per game. In this game, the offense is going to need to be good.
Marshall Betting Trends
- Marshall has lost each of its last four road games.
- Marshall has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Marshall has lost the first half in each of its last three road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Marshall's last four November games as a road underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
South Alabama Looks to Become Bowl-Eligible
On the other side of this matchup is South Alabama who sits with a 5-5 record and they are also coming off a big win in the last game. South Alabama only scored 21 points against Arkansas State, but the defense gave up 14 points and that led to the victory. Carter Bradley completed 19 of his 24 passes for 145 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. South Alabama on the season is averaging 29.9 points while their defense is giving up 21.1 points per game.
South Alabama Betting Trends
- South Alabama has won five of its last six November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- South Alabama has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games in November.
- Each of South Alabama's last three games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Marshall is going to keep this game close. Ali is having quite the season and he’s going to have no issue running wild again in this game. South Alabama scored only 21 points in the last game and they are going to finish right around that here. Look for Marshall to find some offensive success early in the game, and that will be enough for Marshall to keep it close. Back Marshall against the spread.