Louisville at Miami-FL Prediction - College Football Picks 11/18/23
Miami-FL Hurricanes (6-4) vs Louisville Cardinals (9-1)
Game Info: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Hard Rock Stadium)
Betting Odds: Miami-FL Hurricanes -1.5 -- Over/Under: 52.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Louisville Cardinals will head down to South Beach to meet the Miami Hurricanes in ACC play this weekend from Hard Rock Stadium on ABC. Louisville and Miami have faced off 15 times, with the Canes holding a head-to-head lead of, 11-3-1.
Louisville Cardinals Preview
Louisville improved to 9-1 after defeating UVA at home by seven, 31-24. The Cardinals doubled down on Virginia with a pair of wins in a six-day span, and they’ll look to carry that momentum down to Florida this weekend. The Louisville offense is scoring 32.7 ppg, while passing for 255.6 ypg, rushing for 187.9 ypg, and converting 35.9% of their third downs.
Louisville Player Notes
• Jack Plummer played big down the stretch versus Virginia, passing for 243 yards with two scores and a pick. The former Cal QB has found his match with Louisville this season, and he’ll look to quarterback the Cards to a tenth victory. Plummer has passed for 2,402 yards, with 16 touchdowns to nine interceptions on the season.
• Long Island native Jawhar Jordan gained 110 yards in the win over UVA, and he leads Louisville in rushing with 976 yards on 141 carries.
• Senior back Isaac Guerendo has complimented him well, and after scoring four times in the past two games, he’s up to 492 yards and seven touchdowns for the season.
• Junior wideout Jamari Thrash was held below seven catches for the first time since September last week, but he leads the Cardinals in receptions (49) and receiving yards (734).
• The Louisville defense is allowing 17.1 points per game.
Miami (FL) Hurricanes Preview
Miami moved to 6-4 after losing to Florida State in Tallahassee, 27-20. The Hurricanes brought the fight to the undefeated Seminoles, and they’ll look to salvage the season with a victory over the Cardinals here. The Miami offense is scoring 30.9 ppg, while passing for 255.6 ypg, rushing for 172.0 ypg, and converting 40.8% of their third downs.
Miami Player Notes
• Emory Williams finished the game after Tyler Van Dyke picked up another injury, and he managed to pass for 175 yards and two scores, despite going just 8/23. The freshman QB raised to the occasion last week, and after playing well against FSU and Clemson, he’ll attempt to do the same here against Louisville.
• Freshman back Mark Fletcher Jr. has been in the lead role for the past two games, and he’s up to 342 yards on 74 touches for the season.
• Junior wideout Jacolby George scored twice and recorded a career-high 153 yards versus FSU, and he now leads the team in receiving yards (707).
• The Miami defense has allowed 20.7 points per game.
Louisville vs Miami Trends
• LOU is 5-2-1 against the spread, with a 4-4 O/U record.
• MIA is 5-5 ATS, with a 5-5 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Louisville comes down to South Beach with a lot on the line, and despite their fight against Florida State last week, it’s hard to warrant trusting Miami at this point in the season. The Cardinals have been sharp all season, and with an ACC crown in sight, I do believe they’ll come through here against the Canes. Back Louisville to win this weekend in Miami.